Joes stone crab in Miami

cdaloia

Shortly after I got married, ~ in 1976, I worked for National Linen Service (no longer in business anymore, I guess).  I serviced Joe's Stone Crab with all their linen needs.  They were one of Miami's most, if not the most popular restaurants.  I don't know how good they are today but if history is any indicator, you ain't gonna be disappointed, especially if you like crab.  

25 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Shortly after I got married, ~ in 1976, I worked for National Linen Service (no longer in business anymore, I guess).  I serviced Joe's Stone Crab with all their linen needs.  They were one of Miami's most, if not the most popular restaurants.  I don't know how good they are today but if history is any indicator, you ain't gonna be disappointed, especially if you like crab.  

It's still very good.  An institution.  Long waits for a table on a weekend.  In the old days, you slipped the guy at the host stand a $20 and you'd magically get a table quickly.  

The stone crab is expensive, but superb.

5 hours ago, cdaloia said:

Has anyone gone for lunch at joes stone crab while docked in Miami? 
how did you get there?

thanks. 

as noted Uber works if it’s off peak too,  also went to CJs Crabshack , a different time also very good, little less $$

On 4/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, Rothko1 said:

It's still very good.  An institution.  Long waits for a table on a weekend.  In the old days, you slipped the guy at the host stand a $20 and you'd magically get a table quickly.  

The stone crab is expensive, but superb.

Now its a $100.00 but they take reservations now, which did not for a very long time. Reservations are new. 

Agreed the fried chicken is fantastic, and so is the pie. Of course get stone crabs as well. To the OP see if you can make reservations. I would just take an Uber, will be much quicker and easier than a bus.