Question about Photo Package

BigB67

Upcoming trip on Harmony with wife and grown children. We are occupying three separate rooms. If I purchase a photo package for room A, does that mean that the package covers photos for only the occupants of room A. Would the occupants of rooms B and C not be eligible to be included in the photos? Do I have to purchase a photo package for each of the three rooms?

Just now, BigB67 said:

If I purchase a photo package for room A, does that mean that the package covers photos for only the occupants of room A.

The package would include all pics in which the occupants of cabin A are in - so if any occupants of cabins B and C are in any of the pics with occupants of cabin A, those pics would be included.

• Like 1

The package only includes the pictures the person who bought the package is in and any minor children.  So we had two rooms and bought the package under my husbands name.  The package covered every single picture he was in and any that both my minor children were in.  Including the one child that was not in the room.  So you just need to be "strategic" when taking pictures.  You also allowed double, triples, etc. of any picture so take lots of group pics!

As a side though a 100 pictures is a LOT and they make you pick 100 a pictures, even if you only want 60, 70, etc. So 99% of the pictures sit in a photo album never looked at.  Even though we got it super cheap I would never purchase it again for the waste factor alone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The package would include all pics in which the occupants of cabin A are in - so if any occupants of cabins B and C are in any of the pics with occupants of cabin A, those pics would be included.

Correct.  And just to clarify, only one person in the picture needs to be from cabin A if cabin A bought the photo package.  The people in cabin A can invite other people to be in their pictures.

Also, if the couples in cabins B or C wanted a picture of just themselves, a person from cabin A could stand with a gap between themselves and the couple and then crop the pictures later to just include the couple.

You have to choose to get all printed 8x10s or all digital pictures. 

1 hour ago, MaddyandMax said:

The package only includes the pictures the person who bought the package is in and any minor children.  So we had two rooms and bought the package under my husbands name.  The package covered every single picture he was in and any that both my minor children were in.  Including the one child that was not in the room.  So you just need to be "strategic" when taking pictures.  You also allowed double, triples, etc. of any picture so take lots of group pics!

As a side though a 100 pictures is a LOT and they make you pick 100 a pictures, even if you only want 60, 70, etc. So 99% of the pictures sit in a photo album never looked at.  Even though we got it super cheap I would never purchase it again for the waste factor alone.

Not completely accurate.  It included anyone in the cabin for us.  Not just minors.  So if anyone in the cabin a I. The picture, it was included for us.  

22 minutes ago, topnole said:

Not completely accurate.  It included anyone in the cabin for us.  Not just minors.  So if anyone in the cabin a I. The picture, it was included for us.  

You may have just been lucky. We were on the Oasis in October and they would not let us a print a picture of someone else in the room with my husband because he (or my minor children) were not in it.  When you look at the photo package it in in the fine print.

I correct myself.   Apparently the photo package has changed since October which is interesting.  Now it is per stateroom.  They were very adamant in October about my husband or children needing to be in the photo.  They must have had enough complaints to change the rules.

32 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

I correct myself.   Apparently the photo package has changed since October which is interesting.  Now it is per stateroom.  They were very adamant in October about my husband or children needing to be in the photo.  They must have had enough complaints to change the rules.

If you weren’t booked in the same room with him then you weren’t on the package.  Maybe the reason why?   We were all the same room so that might be the difference.  

Thank you everyone for your responses. You guys are incredibly helpful! One more question. Do you think 20 photos is sufficient, or should we spring for the 100?  I'm assuming that you get to pick and choose the 20 pictures that you want.

• Like 1

Anyone know how many people you can get in a photo before they consider it a "group"?  I'm going with a group of 12 family members and hoping to get some photos of all of us together but I'm worried they will say it isn't included because the package doesn't include groups.

17 hours ago, topnole said:

If you weren’t booked in the same room with him then you weren’t on the package.  Maybe the reason why?   We were all the same room so that might be the difference.  

Sorry I didn't explain well enough.  My mother-in-law was in a room with my husband.  The photo package was in his name.  She wanted pictures just of herself and they would not include them, even though they were in the same room.  I wonder when all this changed.  This was October 9, 2022 on the Oasis.

8 hours ago, gluecksbaer said:

Anyone know how many people you can get in a photo before they consider it a "group"?  I'm going with a group of 12 family members and hoping to get some photos of all of us together but I'm worried they will say it isn't included because the package doesn't include groups.

We were a group of 14 and took a ton of group pictures.  They were all included in the package.  Make sure you give the photographer the room number of the person who has the photo package.

How many pictures do you normally buy?  I ordered the 20 just because this time around.  My husband and I are travelling alone but it's to celebrate our 50th birthdays.  I'm hoping to get at least a few pictures of the two of us together since we hardly ever get those.  I get home and toss them in a scrapbook with all of my "stuff" from the cruise.  

1 hour ago, MaddyandMax said:

We were a group of 14 and took a ton of group pictures.  They were all included in the package.  Make sure you give the photographer the room number of the person who has the photo package.

Thanks!  I'm going to have them add my son (who is officially registered in a room with my husband) so I can get pictures of him with his grandparents and such, but I plan to tell him to just give my room # to photographers too, to make it easier.