Japan 2024 canceled…

Tarwood3

5 minutes ago, Pataroo said:

Thank you Bruin Steve! The information you provided is very helpful. My hope is restored for our Japan 2024 cruise.

Pataroo, you may want to hop over and join the Roll Call for the April 9, 2024 cruise...here:

It has been a very active roll call with a lot of information, commentary and exchange of ideas all related specifically to this sailing.  It is one of our B2B cruises (along with March 28) and we definitely expect everything to be going full steam forward.  We now have both air and hotel booked directly through Celebrity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Pataroo, you may want to hop over and join the Roll Call for the April 9, 2024 cruise...here:

It has been a very active roll call with a lot of information, commentary and exchange of ideas all related specifically to this sailing.  It is one of our B2B cruises (along with March 28) and we definitely expect everything to be going full steam forward.  We now have both air and hotel booked directly through Celebrity.

Thank you for the info. I'm on 3rd march Singapore to Tokyo.  Been told were sailing. But there's no way of seeing the ship in port. So you explained why. Thank you. Hopefully 3rd march is OK.

9 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Most of those "port schedules" that people search on the intrernet are NOT official schedules of the ports.  They are privately operated websites which pick up the information by searching the cruise line websites.  Since Celebrity pulled some of these cruises off of their available lists for some time now, when those independent websites scanned the cruise line websites, these cruises were not posted--hence, they failed to pick them up.  The actual official port schedules for the Japanese ports have not been updated and posted for a long time.  Nothing shows up on the official sites.

The OFFICIAL site for the Port of Yokohama hasn't been updated with a ship arrival schedule since the 2021 schedule was posted.(prior to the pandemic).:

https://osanbashi.jp/en/outline/

There is nothing posted for 2024.  Other official sites are equally blank.

I am not sure if the statement about them getting their information from the cruise line is correct.  I believe they do get their information from a port system not sure which one.  Reason is they do show things differently than Celebrity such as the overnights in Kobe/Osaka.  

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Millenium is Showing on the port schedule arriving in Yokohama on April 8, 2024.  Yokohama is the port Celebrity uses for Tokyo.

Where are you seeing this?  On cruise mapper website here is what is showing for Millennium, nothing between Feb and May.image.png.1ca9c0dbbea68f4def43f6448bf8b94b.png

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

Where are you seeing this?  On cruise mapper website here is what is showing for Millennium, nothing between Feb and May.image.png.1ca9c0dbbea68f4def43f6448bf8b94b.png

Again, cruisemapper is in NO WAY official.  It is just someone's website where they pick up whatever info they happen to find.  They don't have a lot of info on Japan because 1)  The official port websites haven't been updated since the pandemic and 2)  Celebrity's website, for various reasons, isn't showing all of the information on their Asia cruises.

The ship iusn't just disappearing for three months.  They didn't arbitrarily charter three months worth of cruises that were already sold out.  They aren't doing a three month drydock somewhere.  And they haven't scheduled some other itineraries during this time period in some other part of the world.

The cruises are "ON".  We are sailing on two of them.  We have booked air and hotels and shore excursions through Celebrity...as is NORMAL.  I have been in DIRECT CONTACT with Celebrity regarding these cruises several times during all of this imagined controversy.  There is nothing clandestine or subversive going on.

Quite simply, Several cruises during this time period have been SOLD OUT for years.  Celebrity mistakenly, due to IT error, double sold some stateroom categories and have had to cancel a large number of bookings.  They currently have EVERY stateroom booked...and they have a long list of angry canceled customers they would try to appease before ever taking new bookings.  Which is why they don't show the cruises on the schedule for "Find a Cruise".  They DO, however, show these cruises on their website on the individual accounts of those booked on the cruise...and they show them on their app as well...along with full ability to book airfare, hotels, shorexes, dining reservations, drink packages, etc.

These cruises were sold out, in their earlier incarnations,, years ago...since they have been canceled each year for multiple years during the pandemic.  But, with Japan finally lifting restrictions, they are NOT canceled for 2024.  Adding to the booking crunch, the cruises were returned to the Millennium after having been scheduled for the Solstice for the prior two years...meaning about 400 fewer staterooms for lift-and-shifts from a cruise that was already sold out on the larger ship.

The bookings were so backed up that Celebrity decided to leave the ship in Asia and added an entire season of cruises beyond April--when, in prior years, the ship was scheduled to do a Transpacific and then a season in Alaska.

It is all very simple.  Conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

And they haven't scheduled some other itineraries during this time period in some other part of the world.

FYI cruisemapper and all the other websites show all ports not just selected.  I just grabbed that time frame.  Also I never said they are the official page but as I said they are more up to date than Celebrity is.  Also not sure I would take everything a person at Celebrity has said to be correct, they have also been incorrect many times.  The whole point of this is to just be aware and make sure you are checking all sources.  I would say at a minimum there is a chance that those sailings are getting itinerary updates.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

FYI cruisemapper and all the other websites show all ports not just selected.  I just grabbed that time frame.  Also I never said they are the official page but as I said they are more up to date than Celebrity is.  Also not sure I would take everything a person at Celebrity has said to be correct, they have also been incorrect many times.  The whole point of this is to just be aware and make sure you are checking all sources.  I would say at a minimum there is a chance that those sailings are getting itinerary updates.

Many "sources" are worthless since they have no real information or are merely helping to spread false rumors.

These sailings are NT "getting itinerary updates".  During all of the nonsense going on with this thread, Celebrity HAS tweaked ONE of my itineraries SLIGHTLY...as in the ordinary course of business:  On the April 9 itinerary, back on May 16, they changed the departure time out of Kobe from midnight to 5 am!  Not a big deal as it's only about 20 miles between the ports.

Affected Sailing: April 9, 2024

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmanager.everbridge.net%2Fproxy_rtf_image%2FRTFImage_6463ce63420e2f73500cac97.PNG&t=1686338653&ymreqid=d41d8cd9-8f00-b204-1caf-3f009201c700&sig=5YaFAFj.LP0_DObnrUIlMg--~D

Again, the cruises are "ON".  Business is proceding as usual.  There is NO "at a minimum there is a chance" situation going on here.  Couls you, perhaps, admit that, as a LIKELIHOOD, there is NOTHING really unusual going on here at all--at least beside the overbooking/cancelation thing that they have already admitteed to and acted upon?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Many "sources" are worthless since they have no real information or are merely helping to spread false rumors.

These sailings are NT "getting itinerary updates".  During all of the nonsense going on with this thread, Celebrity HAS tweaked ONE of my itineraries SLIGHTLY...as in the ordinary course of business:  On the April 9 itinerary, back on May 16, they changed the departure time out of Kobe from midnight to 5 am!  Not a big deal as it's only about 20 miles between the ports.

Affected Sailing: April 9, 2024

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmanager.everbridge.net%2Fproxy_rtf_image%2FRTFImage_6463ce63420e2f73500cac97.PNG&t=1686338653&ymreqid=d41d8cd9-8f00-b204-1caf-3f009201c700&sig=5YaFAFj.LP0_DObnrUIlMg--~D

Again, the cruises are "ON".  Business is proceding as usual.  There is NO "at a minimum there is a chance" situation going on here.  Couls you, perhaps, admit that, as a LIKELIHOOD, there is NOTHING really unusual going on here at all--at least beside the overbooking/cancelation thing that they have already admitteed to and acted upon?

Again I never said they were cancelled, calm down. 

I am also on a Japan sailing this fall so i have been watching my sailing closely.  It is also how we found out we are not docking in Osaka per Celebrity website but actually docking in Kobe. 

Sorry not going to admit anything based on all the stuff Celebrity just pulled the Japan sailings.  There are many sold out sailings that do not appear on Celebrity website anymore but still appear on all the cruise schedule tracking websites, that is why it is so odd that this March-April group are not showing.  Of course it may be nothing, time will tell.

5 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Again, cruisemapper is in NO WAY official.  It is just someone's website where they pick up whatever info they happen to find.  They don't have a lot of info on Japan because 1)  The official port websites haven't been updated since the pandemic and 2)  Celebrity's website, for various reasons, isn't showing all of the information on their Asia cruises.

The ship iusn't just disappearing for three months.  They didn't arbitrarily charter three months worth of cruises that were already sold out.  They aren't doing a three month drydock somewhere.  And they haven't scheduled some other itineraries during this time period in some other part of the world.

The cruises are "ON".  We are sailing on two of them.  We have booked air and hotels and shore excursions through Celebrity...as is NORMAL.  I have been in DIRECT CONTACT with Celebrity regarding these cruises several times during all of this imagined controversy.  There is nothing clandestine or subversive going on.

Quite simply, Several cruises during this time period have been SOLD OUT for years.  Celebrity mistakenly, due to IT error, double sold some stateroom categories and have had to cancel a large number of bookings.  They currently have EVERY stateroom booked...and they have a long list of angry canceled customers they would try to appease before ever taking new bookings.  Which is why they don't show the cruises on the schedule for "Find a Cruise".  They DO, however, show these cruises on their website on the individual accounts of those booked on the cruise...and they show them on their app as well...along with full ability to book airfare, hotels, shorexes, dining reservations, drink packages, etc.

These cruises were sold out, in their earlier incarnations,, years ago...since they have been canceled each year for multiple years during the pandemic.  But, with Japan finally lifting restrictions, they are NOT canceled for 2024.  Adding to the booking crunch, the cruises were returned to the Millennium after having been scheduled for the Solstice for the prior two years...meaning about 400 fewer staterooms for lift-and-shifts from a cruise that was already sold out on the larger ship.

The bookings were so backed up that Celebrity decided to leave the ship in Asia and added an entire season of cruises beyond April--when, in prior years, the ship was scheduled to do a Transpacific and then a season in Alaska.

It is all very simple.  Conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

Thank you. A long post but we'll worth reading it all. You put everything clearly.  All the thingsvi have heard and read now make sense.  Thank you