Dayuse.com ??

mirrs20

Hi all! 

I saw this link in another post but not much feedback ( dayuse.com

Has anyone used this day service at any particular hotel, which is basically booking a hotel room for the day at select hotels?

When we return to Seattle from our Alaska cruise, our flight back to the Caribbean, does not leave until 11:59 pm so we literally have the whole day. If it were just my husband and myself we could just rough it, until the check in time but my elderly mother will be with us (even though she is very active for her age) so obviously we are concerned about her comfort etc. Additionally we would of course have our luggage with us. 

So really wondering if it makes sense to try booking a room for the day or are there any activities or tours we could probably do to help pass the time even if we have to arrive at the airport a bit early for check in. Thanks in advance for your help. 

7 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I've used dayuse.com a number of times and it is great. Looking at a random Saturday in May the Seattle Hilton, Kimpton Vintage and Kimpton Monaco all had offers and they are very good hotels.

Thanks for your input. Good to know you have had good experiences. Do most of these hotels have a shuttle to the airport?

1 hour ago, mirrs20 said:

Thanks for your input. Good to know you have had good experiences. Do most of these hotels have a shuttle to the airport?

No, they are in Downtown Seattle. I didn't check by the airport. No Downtown hotels have shuttles, the airport is too far.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mirrs20 said:

As a tourist, I recommend all of your ground transportation in the Seattle area be conducted by Uber or Lyft; including going from the airport to your pre-cruise hotel, and after your cruise, from the port to your hotel, and from the hotel to the airport.  They are reliable, their vehicles are clean, and Uber and Lyft give you the ability to see them coming to you, follow along on the app as they drive you to your destination, and if you have a problem there are some emergency assistance features in the apps.  However, I doubt you'll have any issue.

• Like 1

I am set to do my first stay in through the day use website in June in LA.  So, I can’t give first hand experience yet.  From my research, it’s a legitimate website/business.  I did not have to put in my credit card info to complete my reservation, so I don’t feel like I’m risking much even if they aren’t a great service.

• Like 1

I used resortpass.com for a day room in Miami this month. It worked out well for me to pass the time until my 8:30PM flight. I see that they have offer some hotels in Seattle also. Some are for a room and some are for the pool and other amenities w/o a room. In that case you would leave your bags with the concierge.The one where I stayed, I had the room from 11-4.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pootsien2 said:

I used resortpass.com for a day room in Miami this month. It worked out well for me to pass the time until my 8:30PM flight. I see that they have offer some hotels in Seattle also. Some are for a room and some are for the pool and other amenities w/o a room. In that case you would leave your bags with the concierge.The one where I stayed, I had the room from 11-4.

Ok great. Thanks. I will check them out as well.

19 hours ago, pootsien2 said:

I used resortpass.com for a day room in Miami this month. It worked out well for me to pass the time until my 8:30PM flight. I see that they have offer some hotels in Seattle also. Some are for a room and some are for the pool and other amenities w/o a room.

Something to keep in mind with companies like resortpass.com is that, while they can be very helpful providing access to things like the pool, cabanas, etc, often times with a day room you can get a more favorable rate/terms going direct to the hotel. 

Day rooms are still sort of the Wild West (although companies like Marriott have tried to standardize them a bit during the pandemic) and front desk agents often have quite a bit of leeway to negotiate. This could mean getting a better, non-commissioned rate than you would through a third party like resortpass.com or getting the room for a longer period of time. 

• Like 1