Island Princess, What is it and is there a fee to use it?

Hflors

I will be on the Island Princess for the world cruise in 2024.  On the deck plans there is a place called the sanctuary.  What is it used for, and is there a fee to use it?   From the deck plans it looks like a large area.

Thanks for any information.

• Like 1

The Sanctuary is a quiet place with nice loungers.  there are attendants to be of service and afternoon tea is always served.  Yes, there is a fee.  Unless it has changed full day $40.00, half day $20.00.  I believe a discount for the whole cruise.

Copied from Princess website

The Sanctuary

Relax in a Tranquil Retreat Just for Adults

Take a break and indulge in a private getaway at The Sanctuary, our exclusive adults-only retreat offering a relaxing alternative to the myriad outdoor activities and entertainment available elsewhere on the ship. With signature beverages, light meals, and al fresco massages, Serenity Stewards attend to your every need, whether it’s to be on hand to provide chilled face towels or Evian water atomizers.

Edited by hpeabody
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

The Sanctuary is a quiet place with nice loungers.  there are attendants to be of service and afternoon tea is always served.  Yes, there is a fee.  Unless it has changed full day $40.00, half day $20.00.  I believe a discount for the whole cruise.

Copied from Princess website

The Sanctuary

Relax in a Tranquil Retreat Just for Adults

Take a break and indulge in a private getaway at The Sanctuary, our exclusive adults-only retreat offering a relaxing alternative to the myriad outdoor activities and entertainment available elsewhere on the ship. With signature beverages, light meals, and al fresco massages, Serenity Stewards attend to your every need, whether it’s to be on hand to provide chilled face towels or Evian water atomizers.

Thanks hpeabody for the info.  That is what I was looking for.

1 hour ago, Hflors said:

Thanks hpeabody for the info.  That is what I was looking for.

Note that on that ship, the entire Sanctuary area is pretty much full sun.  Depending on direction and time of day, you might find shade around on the far side with shade coming from bulkhead above and behind.  I doubt it has changed much with a mesh cloth that does almost nothing for its size and position.  Otherwise, big bucks for one of the cabanas.