Contacting Cruise Connect/Intercruise to book.

FangedRose

I've tried countless times so far today. First time I had the engaged tone so hung up and redialed, hung up and redialed multiple times and finally got the recorded message apologising for the wait times. That was my first 20min wait with no answer. Tried again about half hour later, straight away I had the recorded message but my hopes were dashed as I sat there for another 40mins!! Had to give up for the time being as that music is driving me crazy!! 🤪😵‍💫

30 minutes ago, Bexx83 said:

I've tried countless times so far today. First time I had the engaged tone so hung up and redialed, hung up and redialed multiple times and finally got the recorded message apologising for the wait times. That was my first 20min wait with no answer. Tried again about half hour later, straight away I had the recorded message but my hopes were dashed as I sat there for another 40mins!! Had to give up for the time being as that music is driving me crazy!! 🤪😵‍💫

My final call involved 52 minutes of that horrendous music and when the lady eventually answered I was so shocked i almost forgot what I was calling for !! You almost have to dedicate a day to try and get through. It’s absolutely infuriating and soul destroying. The cruise companies really need to be aware of the stress this is causing their customers.

Another 40mins listening to that music only for them to answer and immediately hang up!! 😡 Our cruise is 1st July so don't want to leave it any later to call. We've had personal family things going on of late, hence why we've not called sooner. It's a shame I'm working early tomorrow morning as I feel as if I'm going to need a rather large glass of wine when this ordeal is finally over!! 🤦🏻‍♀️😄

7 minutes ago, MRS TIGGYWINKLE said:

I feel your pain! Please keep trying…it does work eventually. I’m not exaggerating when I say it took 5 solid days of trying before I finally succeeded 

Out of interest, when you finally got thru, how long were you kept waiting? After several failed attempts at the beginning of May they picked up the phone in about two minutes and confirmed the booking with an email straightaway. My tip would be: don't put the phone down before receiving the confirmation email and checking it's correct. I did that in case there were any problems with the email confirmation.

Incidentally we booked another coach with them in April and got thru straightaway.

2 minutes ago, UiHyt said:

Out of interest, when you finally got thru, how long were you kept waiting? After several failed attempts at the beginning of May they picked up the phone in about two minutes and confirmed the booking with an email straightaway. My tip would be: don't put the phone down before receiving the confirmation email and checking it's correct. I did that in case there were any problems with the email confirmation.

Incidentally we booked another coach with them in April and got thru straightaway.

I finally got a human being after 52 minutes of “music” and the booking took about 5 minutes with instant email confirmation (like you I would recommend staying on the line until the confirmation email appears). I honestly think there are only a couple of people manning the phones because we have never experienced this kind of service and stress levels in the past when we have booked coach transfers 

29 minutes ago, MRS TIGGYWINKLE said:

I feel your pain! Please keep trying…it does work eventually. I’m not exaggerating when I say it took 5 solid days of trying before I finally succeeded 

Just got cut off again after 35mins! I have one more go in me left then I'll have to hand it over to my mum to try for the rest of the week as I'm working. I've spent my only 2 days off this week hanging on the phone. 😒😔

We managed to get through yesterday morning. My mum tried first and was on hold for ages, then my sister rang and got through after about 20 mins. Turns out the email address had been entered incorrectly so that’s we had never received anything. All sorted now and we have our voucher for next Friday. I think following the advice of staying on the line is a good plan - I guess we could have saved all this stress as the error would have been picked up there and then. My mums surname is spelt wrongly on the voucher but I’m not calling again. It’s just a missing letter so hopefully that will be fine. I’ll definitely put it in any feedback to P&O as it causes unnecessary stress. So hard when you are trying to call around working hours too. Good luck everyone, sending every bit of strength to get through that music! 

37 minutes ago, Katysb said:

We managed to get through yesterday morning. My mum tried first and was on hold for ages, then my sister rang and got through after about 20 mins. Turns out the email address had been entered incorrectly so that’s we had never received anything. All sorted now and we have our voucher for next Friday. I think following the advice of staying on the line is a good plan - I guess we could have saved all this stress as the error would have been picked up there and then. My mums surname is spelt wrongly on the voucher but I’m not calling again. It’s just a missing letter so hopefully that will be fine. I’ll definitely put it in any feedback to P&O as it causes unnecessary stress. So hard when you are trying to call around working hours too. Good luck everyone, sending every bit of strength to get through that music! 

Thanks for letting us know. I can see the reason why you didn't get your original e mail confirmation; the one thing they automatically do when you first book the coach.  Your mother's misspelt name shouldn't be a problem at all. I seem to recall they don't actually bother checking the e voucher; they simply ask for your names then check them off on their list.

Enjoy your cruise!

I gave it another 2 tries, first I was on hold for 22mins then one ring followed by silence (about the 3rd time that's happened today), second and my FINAL try, again on hold for around 25mins but a miracle happened and someone answered!! I have to say the poor girl sounded absolutely fed up. 😒 She was still polite and helpful but I could hear in her voice that she was ready to call it a day!! I certainly wouldn't want to be the one answering these calls, not all people are patient and polite so I'm sure she's had her fair share of rude people today!! 😬 But I kept at it and succeeded!! Mums off the hook but I may need those paracetamol!! 😵‍💫😄

Wow you are the first person I have heard who has actually got through in recent weeks!! Respect!

My stats are that I have been trying for three weeks, in the region of 125 calls,around 25% got to the saxophone music and I have heard someone say hello twice then the phone goes dead. In that three weeks, I have spent around 5 hours on hold!

So glad my cruise isn't til October. I am going to leave it a few weeks and hope things improve

I have sent complaining letters to everyone I can think of, including the President of P&O

I wont book a cruise again that involves this Company, for sure!!

PS Longest wait on the phone? 1 hour 45 minutes, then they cut me off!

Edited by Mr Smee

47 minutes ago, Bexx83 said:

I gave it another 2 tries, first I was on hold for 22mins then one ring followed by silence (about the 3rd time that's happened today), second and my FINAL try, again on hold for around 25mins but a miracle happened and someone answered!! I have to say the poor girl sounded absolutely fed up. 😒 She was still polite and helpful but I could hear in her voice that she was ready to call it a day!! I certainly wouldn't want to be the one answering these calls, not all people are patient and polite so I'm sure she's had her fair share of rude people today!! 😬 But I kept at it and succeeded!! Mums off the hook but I may need those paracetamol!! 😵‍💫😄

Wow well done for getting through. We’ve given up and swapped to free parking instead. 
The girl at Cunard said they are expecting a solution to the issues in the next couple of weeks but I just can’t hang around that long waiting. 
Don’t fancy the drive down from the NE but hey ho 

Got through! Booked!

But no email confirmation. Ah well. It was a bad line, and my email is rather complicated. Will wait a day or so and try to contact them again. Hopefully the other options will not be so busy.

18 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Got through! Booked!

But no email confirmation. Ah well. It was a bad line, and my email is rather complicated. Will wait a day or so and try to contact them again. Hopefully the other options will not be so busy.

Yippee !! Well done ....let's hope the situation is beginning to improve at last !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FangedRose said:

Got through! Booked!

Excellent. As I stated before, wait on the phone until the email confirmation comes thru before leaving the phone conversation. Unless you have  some sort of complicated email situation like yours then generally the email comes thru straightaway.