Cruising the Mediterranean in September vs. October?

amevola

We are looking at a few cruises in 2024 covering Greece, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Malta, etc. during September and October.  The prices are the same (generally) so I am curious if one month is better than the other in terms of crowds, weather, etc.  Does anyone have a preference?  TIA

16 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

September in the Med is HOT and HUMID. October weather is much more bearable. (These observations from the past two years.)

We did mid September and it was definitely way to hot for walking around, plus shorts tank tops not allowed in Vatican and church’s . 

• Thanks 1

Personally for me, September is just right. October can be a little cool/more unpredictable in certain places. Also some tourist spots/some bars and restaurants etc will have more reduced hours/not open at all as the main tourist season draws to an end. I've been to Greek Islands at the end of October before and found a lot of beach bars/cafes/restaurants etc closed. 

• Thanks 1

We were on a Mediterranean cruise last year that left out of Trieste on October 2. The weather was just about perfect. We had some nice warm days, but not too hot. It was pretty windy on Mykonos and a bit cold when we went from there to the island of Delos. We spent a few days in Venice before we went and had a cold/rainy day there. I do not think I would take a Med cruise any later than we went.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1