If you are seen in the clinic and intend to file for reimbursement through your travel insurance...

roysue

3 hours ago, pklein9747 said:

No.  This was my very first Afib incident.  It was determined I was dehydrated which caused the Afib.  Once I received fluids, it corrected itself.

I have learned that drinking a lot of water is very important. Be well!

On 4/25/2023 at 10:26 PM, pklein9747 said:

I had to go to the medical center after experiencing an Afib incident.  They provided an itemized bill no charge, however, the cost for a full report (mine was 7 pages + EKG results) was $28 if I wanted it.  I was told that I would only need the itemized bill to submit to insurance, but wanted the entire report just be sure.  Travel insurance covered my entire $1600 bill.

you must have good travel insurance that covered entire bill

When I look for travel insurance I try to find ones that are marked primary.  May cost a few dollars more

but I do not have to worry about filing with others first.  Had a visit to the  Carnival Panorama Medical Center which ran $600.  Filed a claim was was paid within a few weeks.  Had to send in a copy of the on board bill plus the medical report which I received from the ships medical center.

On 4/27/2023 at 7:07 AM, AF-1 said:

you must have good travel insurance that covered entire bill

I used insuremytrip online and chose Trawick International Insurance.  They are primary for medical.  This was the first time I have used them and am very pleased.

I have a medicare advantage plan and recently went through the filing of a claim.   I fell outside the terminal in San Juan on March 7.   Lots of Princess staff there who immediately insisted I be seen in medical center.    Leg looked a lot worse than it actually was but at the time it was hard to assess due to blood.   Bill was $118 for cleaning of wound, abx ointment and dressings.    Filed claim with insurance company on March 13.   Received check for $23 on March 23 as I had a $95 deductible as I was out of network.   Filed with AON on April 5 and they are covering the remaining $95 (check coming in 3-7 business days).   I was very surprised that advantage plan covered anything but it may be due to being in San Juan and not another port.   But also very surprised at speed that both insurance companies processed claim so quickly.