Copenhagen shuttle bus

Jammy Bun

We'll be in Copenhagen in July, on Viking Venus, and I'm wondering if anyone here knows whether Viking usually run a shuttle from the cruise terminal to the city centre?  We've been before but are several years older now, with knee problems that make long walks uncomfortable.  I remember walking alongside the water from the ship, past the Little Mermaid, but can't for the life of me remember the sort of distance we covered.  Don't want to do an organised tour (too many ports in quick succession) but would like to get onto a boat to see the city from the water.  Any suggestions are welcomed!

Viking offers an excursion for the canal boat ride. We are ending our Viking Jupiter cruise on an overnight in Copenhagen June 21-22. Look at your excursions when they come out on MVJ. The canal boat ride was in afternoon and sold out in a couple of days after we could book our excursions.  Hope this is an option for you on your cruise.

Our sailing has no sea days , so I will make one port a sea day for myself.

I know what you mean about long walks as we get older.

Don't know about shuttle, this is my first cruise to all these ports of call.  

• Like 1

Pre-Covid on Viking Homelands, there was a shuttle. We did an included walking tour and were left with free time in city center at the end and directions to the shuttle loading point. I seem to remember that the guide told us the shuttle ran every 20-30 minutes. We only took the shuttle back to the ship, but since there weren't buses accumulating at the ship, I have to assume the shuttle ran both ways. 😉

• Like 1