Britannia Club Dining for Single Person

njguy_south

Hi. If I am booked as a single in Britannia Club, am I permitted to bring a guest to dinner, if I am sitting at a table for two?  When I sailed Celebrity in a suite, I was reminded almost nightly that as a single person, I was permitted to bring a guest to dinner, since I was already sitting at a table for 2 and using only 1 chair.

Does anyone know if this holds true of Cunard?  Thanks!

33 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

Hi. If I am booked as a single in Britannia Club, am I permitted to bring a guest to dinner, if I am sitting at a table for two?  When I sailed Celebrity in a suite, I was reminded almost nightly that as a single person, I was permitted to bring a guest to dinner, since I was already sitting at a table for 2 and using only 1 chair.

Believe it is only possible if the person is booked in BC

Best to make a private request to the MD.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, njguy_south said:

Unless your guest is from the Grills the answer is No.  I travel quite often in Britannia Club , occasionally on a table for one and the answer you will receive from the duty Maitre'd will be "I'm afraid not"

Britannia Club just like Grills is an enhanced product, fellow guests have paid a premium to dine there. You have paid for solo occupancy and opted to sit at a Two Top where there is always going to be a second chair unused. 

You can occasionally dine in Britannia by arrangement. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 4:21 PM, EasternMarket said:

It can happen as a one-off, but not guaranteed. Be on good terms with your maitre d, ask them politely, acknowledge that it's an exception, and be ready to show your appreciation. It's at their discretion.

Exactly👍 

It is my understanding no,  unless they are a B C passenger. You would need to dine elsewhere such as specialty restaurant or Kings Court, if  wish to dine with a non Grills or B C Guest which is only fair really on the other B C guests who have paid a premium for their dining. 

• Like 1