Advice for Scenic Eclipse Antarctic voyage in December

CharlieWoo

I would like to get inside information from somebody who has been on this trip.  Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Also it would be nice to correspond with anybody who is going on this voyage for Christmas. Thank you

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm not CharlieWoo, but I do have a question.  My husband and I like to dine at tables for two.  Are tables for two available in the dining room?  We've been on two Scenic River Cruises, and they were very limited.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I also have a question regarding the Parka sizing.  We did our measurements and are going to select the size associated with our largest measurement.  According to the chart, I would end up in an 4XL parka.  Is that correct?  How did others determine their sizing and how did that compare to the actual parka size they ended up in?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

We found the parkas were true to your normal size. I am a size 8 or 10 and exchanged the M that I ordered for a L because the sleeves weren’t long enough. My husband is a 3XL and that is what he got on board.

I’m not sure what measurement is throwing you off but I wouldn’t stress about getting it right because the fitting/exchange process was easy.

• 5 months later...
On 8/4/2023 at 8:51 AM, jjs217 said:

I'm not CharlieWoo, but I do have a question.  My husband and I like to dine at tables for two.  Are tables for two available in the dining room?  We've been on two Scenic River Cruises, and they were very limited.

Plenty of tables for 2, might be for 4 but they will seat just the 2 of you.  You really want to experience all the other restaurants the "main" dining room while fine is my least favorite (chef's table but you cannot book that by invite only is my favorite), the sushi @ Kokos, night market and Lumiere are what we prefer. (And if Captain Rado is on then a private dinner w/ him)  

On 3/14/2024 at 5:42 PM, 2SailingNomads said:

Plenty of tables for 2, might be for 4 but they will seat just the 2 of you.  You really want to experience all the other restaurants the "main" dining room while fine is my least favorite (chef's table but you cannot book that by invite only is my favorite), the sushi @ Kokos, night market and Lumiere are what we prefer. (And if Captain Rado is on then a private dinner w/ him)  

Wow - that post was from a long time ago, but thank you so much for answering my question.  Now I know.