Sapphire (& Diamond?) D736/737 review with photos.

HaveDogWillTravel

48 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Thanks for this post.  I just booked this for Alaska.  If it rains, I'll just go somewhere else!  Thanks again for the pix.  Oh and by the way, the original placement of the couch would have driven me bonkers.  I would have centered it on the wall (to view the TV).  I think you came up with a good idea to look outside.  We'll have to see.  I'm still tossed up about converting the beds to a queen, as I'm afraid of wacking my feet in the middle of the night I'll let hubby sleep on good side as I'm picking the room).  Who knows, if prices come down, I might splurge for a Vista, but until then....

I slept the first night in the bed as a twin. I move around a lot when I sleep and the twin being narrower than standard (two only make a queen size after all ) I kept hitting the wall. Bring pictures of the bed as a queen just in case. My steward only agreed after he saw the photo. The balcony is amazing on glacier viewing days. And make sure to ask for the queen size mattress pad. My steward didn’t put it at first so the Queen wasn’t very comfy on night 2. Thank goodness it was an 11 day cruise or I would have felt it was all too much bother. It took until the third night to get a good night sleep. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Just another thought.  Would it be possible to put the beds together as a queen, but on the opposite wall so that you can face the TV?  Any impediments preventing this?

No they can’t go on the other wall. If you notice the closet on the right hand side. The bed tucks into that cutout. If it were on the other wall the bed and the closet would cut off the living room entirely.