Symphony OTS: Ben & David review the new menu & dining experience

12 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

And look how well that works for them. Is there even one the government hasn't bailed out? And the list of them that have gone out of business in the past 20 years is endless. 

For sure there was a slew of airlines folding, especially around 30 to 40 years ago. 

I was in aviation from '79 to 2021 and saw a lot of airlines fold, (no Chapter 11 in Europe). Some disappeared completely, some had their routes and assets taken over by other airlines, some merged.

A quick Google search shows around 90 UK airlines alone that are now defunct.

The two airlines who owned the company where I had my first aviation job was two of them, Dan Air and Laker Airlines.

A few American ones I can think of are People's Express, North West Orient, Pan Am, TWA and Braniff (Flying Colours)

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

I understand the cutbacks on the menu, and I have no problem with the reduced menu, but that has nothing to do with cold food coming out of the kitchen, That's not acceptable. If it happens, I will complain, the go to either the Windjammer of the Solarium Bistro to eat. I think I'll survive and not ruin my cruise.

14 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I understand the cutbacks on the menu, and I have no problem with the reduced menu, but that has nothing to do with cold food coming out of the kitchen, That's not acceptable. If it happens, I will complain, the go to either the Windjammer of the Solarium Bistro to eat. I think I'll survive and not ruin my cruise.

I do think that the cutbacks on the menu is related to the cold food coming out of the kitchen.   

I think the real reason for the limited menu is for Royal to be better at predicting how much of each thing will be ordered.  That allows them to start earlier to plate the food.

Still not acceptable though.  I do plan on bringing a food thermometer and sending back any food not in the safe temp. range. for that food.  Last thing I want is food poisoning while on our cruise.  

• Like 1