COVID PASSES

JoJo1947

We have previously taken printed copies of our covid pass as it was easier to show a paper copy as opposed to finding it on the phone. However, for our forthcoming cruise we have just downloaded it to our phones to show if we happen to be one of the chosen few!

Randomly why? They either totally scrap in line with other cruise ships or keep them for all. Doesn't make sense.  We are moving into another phase at the end of June that only vulnerable people will be offered covid jabs not by age . I've had a NHS letter as I'm classed as vulnerable due to health. I've had 6 now and I'm done.

5 hours ago, JoJo1947 said:

Randomly why? They either totally scrap in line with other cruise ships or keep them for all. Doesn't make sense.  We are moving into another phase at the end of June that only vulnerable people will be offered covid jabs not by age . I've had a NHS letter as I'm classed as vulnerable due to health. I've had 6 now and I'm done.

Why? Because they have determined that a large portion of their customer base prefers to travel with passengers who have been vaccinated against Covid. Making it a random check speeds up the embarkment process. 

1 minute ago, GerryL13 said:

Why? Because they have determined that a large portion of their customer base prefers to travel with passengers who have been vaccinated against Covid. Making it a random check speeds up the embarkment process. 

It will end completely before too long . Same as covid jabs after end of June. Times them are a changing and we move on accordingly 

6 hours ago, JoJo1947 said:

Interesting.

I am 76 and had my 5th covid vaccination last September. Yesterday I received a letter from the NHS "reminding" me to get a covid-19 vaccination "if you're aged 75 or over (by 30 June 2023)" This puzzled me because it is the first communication I have had since my last vaccination, and no explanation was given as to why "by 30th June 2023" other than to state "the last date you will be able Spring vaccination is 30 June"

Your post explains what the NHS apparently did not think worth explaining!