Breakaway - Manhattan, Savor/Taste for group dinner?

LGinPA

We're putting together a finale night dinner for our group of 17 cruisers. Those of you familiar with the Breakaway MDR's, is there any one that you think would work out better?

The Manhattan room, Savor and Taste all take reservations, and we're thinking of reserving 3 tables for 6 people each, and would like them to be near each other. 

Any comments on the differences in those MDRs would be appreciated, also. 

Thanks!

Edited by LGinPA

3 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Our family of 7 always eats in the larger MDR on NCL, many more big tables. We never even make reservations (but you should to be near each other).

Thank you, that makes sense.   Do you know which is the larger one on the Breakaway?

In July, we were on the Breakaway, our group of 17 ate in the Manhattan dining room.  My Mom, who made all of the reservations for the group, made a reservation for us on the first night of our cruise and the last night.  We sat at two different tables right near each other.

Edited by Redsky5292

12 minutes ago, Redsky5292 said:

In July, we were on the Breakaway, our group of 17 ate in the Manhattan dining room.  My Mom, who made all of the reservations for the group, made a reservation for us on the first night of our cruise and the last night.  We sat at two different tables right near each other.

Thank you, that really helps! 

Do you know when and where she made the reservations? Did she wait until she was on board or called ahead using an NCL PCC?  We are not able to do it using the app or website. 

Edited by LGinPA

11 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

Thank you, that really helps! 

Do you know when and where she made the reservations? Did she wait until she was on board or called ahead using an NCL PCC?  We are not able to do it using the app or website. 

My Mom linked all of our reservations through the group department and dealt with one PCC who she was able to make the reservations through over the phone.

48 minutes ago, Redsky5292 said:

My Mom linked all of our reservations through the group department and dealt with one PCC who she was able to make the reservations through over the phone.

Thanks again. That's what we'll do, ask our PCC to make the rez for us! 

It's true that Manhattan is larger with more big tables.  But we've found that the service is much better in Taste or Savor.

I've reserved for groups of up to 13 people on embarkation day.  On Breakaway you would need to go to Headliners to reserve.  I'd recommend getting to the port early so you can board early and get the reservations you need.  

Taste and Savor feel more like your land based higher end restaurants while the Manhattan Room feels more like a cruise ship dining room with its wide open layout and tall ceiling in the center.  It also usually has live music playing and a dance floor that will have the ships dancers come out on some nights.