parking at port everglades

khewston

Thinking of driving an F350 dually down for our cruise.  It's only a 3 hour drive but it's very expensive to rent a car from one location and drop off at a different location.  It's less expensive to take our vehicle which is the truck but we are concerned about leaving it at the port.  How safe is parking?  Thanks!

The parking is safe. I'd be concerned about finding a parking space for that large of a vehicle in the garages, though. Might want to call ahead about that.

Edited by hrhdhd

7 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

The parking is safe. I'd be concerned about finding a parking space for that large of a vehicle in the garages, though. Might want to call ahead about that.

From the website:

The Port also provides special limited parking for over-sized vehicles, including RVs, trailers and other vehicles that are taller than the maximum height for accessing the upper floors of our parking garages. Call SP Plus Parking at 954-468-3680 for more details.

Not sure what terminal you are going out of but I have parked many vehicles at different terminals in Port Everglades over the years for dozens of sailings....never had an issue. Very safe port as you have to pass through a security gate just to even get into the port area. 

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

From the website:

The Port also provides special limited parking for over-sized vehicles, including RVs, trailers and other vehicles that are taller than the maximum height for accessing the upper floors of our parking garages. Call SP Plus Parking at 954-468-3680 for more details.

Right--"limited" and call for details. That's what I wrote.

45 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Right--"limited" and call for details. That's what I wrote.

I was providing the contact information for the OP.

I will add that one of my brothers has parked a Toyota Tundra towing a pop up trailer in one of the Port Everglades garages but, not knowing much about trucks, I don't know if it is the same height as an F350.

On 5/7/2023 at 12:10 PM, khewston said:

Thank you all so much!  You have been very helpful!

Please please please take your trailer hitch off, if you have one on.  As a P/U Truck owner in the past, I fell victim to my own hitch. Those things hurt. 

• Like 1