Quantum of the Seas Ketchikan

mbjonsn

Has Quantum of the Seas ever docked downtown, or is it too big?  We were there last May and docked at Ward Cove.  My mother in laws tour company is telling her it will be docked downtown and I question if that’s correct. 

Also, does the ship changed to AK time zone, or does it stay on Pacific?  I cannot recall what happened last year. 

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I have tried to research this without success. So, thanks for your patience if this has been asked a million times! 😘

Yes, Quantum can dock downtown.  We docked downtown last year on Ovation.  We actually had the premier spot with Celebrity Millennium sitting right in front of us.  

RCI changes the clocks to AK time.  

image.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpg

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Yes, Quantum can dock downtown.  We docked downtown last year on Ovation.  We actually had the premier spot with Celebrity Millennium sitting right in front of us.  

RCI changes the clocks to AK time.  

image.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpg

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SightCRR said:

Here is a site for very accurate info on where the various ships dock. WW & WE mean Ward Cove. 

Cruise Ship Schedule Calendar Combined Ports (claalaska.com) sightcrr. 

Thank you for this. It’s still isn’t updated for the Quantum change, but I’ll keep on eye on it. I appreciate your assistance!

It was explained to me a week ago on my NCL Jewel cruise that while Ward's Cove is NCL's baby they do let other cruise lines berth there if there is no NCL ships - the problem with the big babies Q of the Seas is that if they dock in Ketchikan they take up 2 berths thereby limiting the number of other ships that can berth that day.

• Like 1