Special Needs Response Time

Can anyone tell me how long special needs take to respond to an email?  It was special_needs@rccl.com that I messaged last Tuesday and I got an automatic reply immediately.  Nothing since.  I do not want to call them as I am in the UK and can only find a US number, plus - I do not like speaking to people 😄

54 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Can anyone tell me how long special needs take to respond to an email?  It was special_needs@rccl.com that I messaged last Tuesday and I got an automatic reply immediately.  Nothing since.  I do not want to call them as I am in the UK and can only find a US number, plus - I do not like speaking to people 😄

If it was a request you made I would say 2 to 3 weeks for a person to respond. If it was just a question, them I'm not sure. I would assume the same amount of time. 

I filled out special needs form for a medical refrigerator, sharps container, etc. 2 to 3 weeks later received a personal response. This was in the past 2 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BennyandBo said:

If it was a request you made I would say 2 to 3 weeks for a person to respond. If it was just a question, them I'm not sure. I would assume the same amount of time. 

I filled out special needs form for a medical refrigerator, sharps container, etc. 2 to 3 weeks later received a personal response. This was in the past 2 months.

thanks thats helpful. It is a request that I made. Didn’t really fit the categories on the form hence me emailing them

Hi welcome to CC (Cruise Critics)

We have had a reply, from special needs, with a week but at other times we have had to wait for 3 weeks.

Unless your request is urgent give them a couple of weeks to respond. If I have not heard from them after 3 weeks I send a second email.

2 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

I did not know you could make that request.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, sjinnj said:

I did not know you could make that request.  Thank you.

Oh yes. It's actually on a list of things you can request. Note: medical refrigerator is very small and odd shape. Only big enough for some medication. But there is a full list of things medical and otherwise that you can request. They prefer you do it before you hit 30 days before departure. I made mine at about 45 days.

1 hour ago, BennyandBo said:

Oh yes. It's actually on a list of things you can request. Note: medical refrigerator is very small and odd shape. Only big enough for some medication. But there is a full list of things medical and otherwise that you can request. They prefer you do it before you hit 30 days before departure. I made mine at about 45 days.

It would be for a Norditropin pen for my son so I am sure it would fit.  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, sjinnj said:

It would be for a Norditropin pen for my son so I am sure it would fit.  Thanks again.

The one I was provided with on my February Anthem sailing was about the size of a large lunchbox.  I kept it on the floor beside the vanity table.  

• Thanks 1

Benny's info is right.  I always fill out the form and usually receive a reply in two to three weeks.  Unless your cruise is imminent I wouldn't worry to much about it.  They'll respond in due time.

I sent in two requests for two different cruises using the special needs forms 4/21/23 and received a reply this morning.   

• Like 1