SS Worldwide Voyages Book: Needed?

TLCOhio

Many of the photos are recognizable from past “coffee table marketing brochures”. At least they are being recycled. I have mixed emotions about the use of paper and ink. I am capable of going online and perusing without the printed paper. I also was quoted savings in AUD$. Never yet been to Australia but its sure on my list. Maybe its incentive to go there? Wow, subtle. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Yes, we got the offer in AUD also. It was amusing. At least we've been there a few times!

Yes, J.P., I went back to our original letter and found that this personalized message with both my name and that of my wife at the top, was actually more "confused"  in my opinion.  See below.  

image.thumb.png.32c164b5ccdd45c3947ec1c4cdf7c764.png

Two of the three items financially are in Aussie money, but another, also underlined in red above, promises a savings of $650 per suite.  It's a mix of U.S. and Aussie money in one letter???  The SS CEO needs to watch more carefully what goes out over her name.  

BUT, good news, I have AU$155 left from our trip there in 2014.  See below for what that current looks like. On Silversea ships now, do they accept Aussie dollars equal to US dollars?  Is that good or bad at today's exchange rates?

image.thumb.jpeg.9b157297899fe261910167b3c62d1c46.jpeg

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

On 5/8/2023 at 2:25 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

It's odd that they only have two choices for this new brochure:  mail (expensive to them) and view online.  No PDF – which is free to them and my preferred format.

I did find a way to access most of this book's visuals through the Silversea website.  Here is a link: 

https://brochures.silversea.com/worldwide-voyages-2024/full-view.html?_gl=1*z06w3*_ga*MTgyMDc2MDQwMS4xNjgyNDYxNzAy*_ga_ZXCJY21NXY*MTY4NDA2OTA1OC4xMi4xLjE2ODQwNjkxMjQuMC4wLjA.

Through this connection, it also links into some video items that might be of interest.  Below are a couple of visual samples.  

image.thumb.png.bed9cfc95a1eb39445fbf6902741a54f.png

image.thumb.png.1dfa0ed1dc576df26eedd4e5870d9528.png

One of the best point for Silversea that attracts us is their very wide selection of worldwide destination options.  They make that point in this book and through their varied visuals.  Not just a cruise line too narrowly focused on the Caribbean and Europe.  We like unique and interesting itineraries and special ports.  That is what we are looking forward to with our  upcoming early 2024 plan is to arrive in Delhi/India, then doing some type of private tour options for Agra, New Delhi, etc. Then fly to Mumbai/Bombay Feb. 11, a day there, then starting 18-day Silver Moon cruise with stops at Mormugao (Goa), New Mangalore and Cochin. Then stops in Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, etc., before finishing Feb. 29 in Singapore.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 53,975 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337