Mardi Gras was Marvelous

thomasale

I just got off (Saturday) Western Caribbean Sailing of the Mardi Gras. I have submitted my full review and of course it needs clearance before it is posted but I couldn't wait to say what a GREAT time we had on board. Fully loaded with PAX (about 5800) but staff was above and beyond equal to the task. Ship is outstanding, Food (subjective) we loved it. We only ate in the main dining room the one lobster night but did Rudi's, 555, barbecue place, Italian twice and Chibang and never were let down in the least. Entertainment varied and plentiful, Comedy was Great and everywhere, Getting on and off were a breeze. It has been 10 years since my last Carnival trip and honestly, had some reservations but they were all unfounded. Surprisingly we smelled weed in our hallway twice but after the second time, security was on the floor with dog assistance so I'm sure someone is rethinking their partaking. We didn't smell it a third time. One of the comedians really did a bit about it and it got roars of course. Fantastic FUN time throughout and we are already looking for next spring. I have an MSC and a celebrity cruise booked already and might rethink the January Celebrity. Can't say enough good things about it all! A convert I am!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thomasale said:

I just got off (Saturday) Western Caribbean Sailing of the Mardi Gras. I have submitted my full review and of course it needs clearance before it is posted but I couldn't wait to say what a GREAT time we had on board. Fully loaded with PAX (about 5800) but staff was above and beyond equal to the task. Ship is outstanding, Food (subjective) we loved it. We only ate in the main dining room the one lobster night but did Rudi's, 555, barbecue place, Italian twice and Chibang and never were let down in the least. Entertainment varied and plentiful, Comedy was Great and everywhere, Getting on and off were a breeze. It has been 10 years since my last Carnival trip and honestly, had some reservations but they were all unfounded. Surprisingly we smelled weed in our hallway twice but after the second time, security was on the floor with dog assistance so I'm sure someone is rethinking their partaking. We didn't smell it a third time. One of the comedians really did a bit about it and it got roars of course. Fantastic FUN time throughout and we are already looking for next spring. I have an MSC and a celebrity cruise booked already and might rethink the January Celebrity. Can't say enough good things about it all! A convert I am!

So glad you enjoyed.  Mardi Gras is our favorite ship.  So much to see, do, eat and drink! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thomasale said:

I just got off (Saturday) Western Caribbean Sailing of the Mardi Gras. I have submitted my full review and of course it needs clearance before it is posted but I couldn't wait to say what a GREAT time we had on board.

I agree - we have been on Mardi Gras twice, Celebration once, and should be on the second sailing of Jubilee (fingers crossed no more cancellations). The Excel class ships are a game changer.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dolphfan said:

Getting on the Mardi Gras in August, can't wait to read the review!!

Hoping you have the same kind of time that we did. For the record, There were a LOT of Palmetto Staters onboard. Saw plenty of Clemson swag and after living in Columbia for 7 years, Gamecocks were everywhere as well! We had a great time with them and you  know they are always up for fun. We are past our crazy days but still appreciate seeing others do the stupid things we used to do...Lotsa Shagging on the dance floors. Great beach vibes! Enjoy!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thomasale said:

We were on the same sailing. We had a GREAT time. We enjoyed the ship and it never felt crowded. We haven't booked anything yet but I can see us sailing on her again.

• Like 3