Seattle Terminal 91 question

We are cruising to Alaska from Seattle Royal Caribbean Terminal 91 in June. Our shuttle service from the hotel will get to our port about 1 hour and 15 minutes before our check in time of 11 am.  Is there a place we can wait inside if it is raining.  I don't mind waiting but I don't want to stand in the rain waiting if it is raining.  The next shuttle time would put us after our check in time so I was trying to decide which way to go. I know it is just starting the season for Alaska but hoping after a few people travel or someone that has traveled before knows the answer to this. Thanks for any information.

There are overhangs outside of the terminal to keep you dry, however, that's about all the amentities you'll get. The port is very industrial and there's not much around it and what is kind of a pain to get to once you're in the port. 

The good news is that our summers have been very very dry. If you come between July-September, last year we went over 90 days without rain. And Seattle rain isn't a downpour or a bad storm, especially in the summer, if anything it will be a mist. I see you're coming in June- we do have a bit of a rep of "Junecember" (locals here say summer starts July 5th) but as the climate gets drier every year you might luck out. 

I would go the early route. We went on quantum last year and even getting there early there was a long line. This was still during Covid restrictions and checks so we checked in 3 hours after our time after waiting in line. This isn't always the norm but they have had some "new season hiccups" from what I've been reading. Those who got there very early had a way better experience. 

Edited by psuboater
  • Thanks 1

We've cruised a lot out of Seattle's Pier 91 and we normally arrive at Pier 91 at around 10am or so. you shouldn't have any problems. If it's raining or you need to stand outside there is a long covered walkway that you can stand under. Go on google maps and locate Pier 91 in Seattle, the address is 2001 West Garfield Street, Seattle, WA, then click on the yellow man in the right corner and move him around the map. You can get the lay of the pier and see what's at the pier from street view, it's a great tool we use it a lot. The weather this next weekend in Seattle is going to be HOT! 90 deg. in Seattle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, psuboater said:

There are overhangs outside of the terminal to keep you dry, however, that's about all the amentities you'll get. The port is very industrial and there's not much around it and what is kind of a pain to get to once you're in the port. 

The good news is that our summers have been very very dry. If you come between July-September, last year we went over 90 days without rain. And Seattle rain isn't a downpour or a bad storm, especially in the summer, if anything it will be a mist. I see you're coming in June- we do have a bit of a rep of "Junecember" (locals here say summer starts July 5th) but as the climate gets drier every year you might luck out. 

I would go the early route. We went on quantum last year and even getting there early there was a long line. This was still during Covid restrictions and checks so we checked in 3 hours after our time after waiting in line. This isn't always the norm but they have had some "new season hiccups" from what I've been reading. Those who got there very early had a way better experience. 

Thank you this information helps.

49 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

We've cruised a lot out of Seattle's Pier 91 and we normally arrive at Pier 91 at around 10am or so. you shouldn't have any problems. If it's raining or you need to stand outside there is a long covered walkway that you can stand under. Go on google maps and locate Pier 91 in Seattle, the address is 2001 West Garfield Street, Seattle, WA, then click on the yellow man in the right corner and move him around the map. You can get the lay of the pier and see what's at the pier from street view, it's a great tool we use it a lot. The weather this next weekend in Seattle is going to be HOT! 90 deg. in Seattle.

Thank you for the information I will check out google maps.  That is Hot.  I'm from Michigan and it is not that warm here yet. 

6 minutes ago, Annette0325 said:

Thank you for the information I will check out google maps.  That is Hot.  I'm from Michigan and it is not that warm here yet. 

I also should have told to look at YouTube. There is a lot of information there also.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Annette0325 said:

This 90 weekend is an anomaly for us in May, it's going back to 60s-70s after this weekend. However, these heat waves are coming more frequently and earlier it seems. 

• Thanks 1

Also trying to determine what time to arrive to embark tomorrow. And I know it will be hot! Believe there are 2 ships in port. Its been several years since I sailed out of Seattle, is there an Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge with priority embarkation?  I just read somewhere its all just one line...even the 2 ships guests start off in one line and then split off? 

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Also trying to determine what time to arrive to embark tomorrow. And I know it will be hot! Believe there are 2 ships in port. Its been several years since I sailed out of Seattle, is there an Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge with priority embarkation?  I just read somewhere its all just one line...even the 2 ships guests start off in one line and then split off? 

You want to get to Pier 1 around 10:30 -10:45 to beat the crowd. We took the Princess transfer from Sea-Tac to Pier 91 last and I'll NEVER! do that again, huge mess at the airport and at the the pier. Princess doesn't really have a Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge at the check-in area. Princess is on the East side of the pier and Holland America is on the west side.

54 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

You want to get to Pier 1 around 10:30 -10:45 to beat the crowd. We took the Princess transfer from Sea-Tac to Pier 91 last and I'll NEVER! do that again, huge mess at the airport and at the the pier. Princess doesn't really have a Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge at the check-in area. Princess is on the East side of the pier and Holland America is on the west side.

Thanks. We are in a hotel about a mile from the pier so easy enough to get there early. Hoping the delays they experienced last week were a one-off. We more frequently sail from FLL which is a much bigger port but has gone pretty smoothly.