Booking Epicurean for group

Kittyonions

We are a group of 5 friends  travelling on Arvia leaving Southampton on Sunday. Would like to book Epicurean for a birthday/ Anniversary celebration but only time we can book is 6.45 ( all other times are greyed out). However, can book tables for 2, 3,4 for various times.

Any ideas how we can overcome this problem. Many thanks.

14 minutes ago, Kittyonions said:

Any ideas how we can overcome this problem

Visit the restaurant as soon as you can after boarding and see what they can do - you could try emailing the ship but I am not sure whether it would be actions at such short notice.

1 hour ago, Kittyonions said:

We are a group of 5 friends  travelling on Arvia leaving Southampton on Sunday. Would like to book Epicurean for a birthday/ Anniversary celebration but only time we can book is 6.45 ( all other times are greyed out). However, can book tables for 2, 3,4 for various times.

Any ideas how we can overcome this problem. Many thanks.

The tables in there seat a maximum of two or three; so, you will have to make two bookings, one for three people and the other for two people.

As david63 advises, go to the restaurant as soon as you board to make sure you are all sat together. It may be different on Arvia, but when we were on Britannia last September as a party of eight, we had two adjacent tables but they wouldn't push them together to make a table of eight. The reason cited was because it would be difficult for the waiters to serve us. Our tables were still close enough together to allow us to feel like one party.

8 hours ago, TigerB said:

when we were on Britannia last September as a party of eight, we had two adjacent tables but they wouldn't push them together

It may be different for eight but certainly on Britannia last year they had tables pushed together to make a table for six so I cannot see a table for five being a problem.

I have even known there be a table for 20 in the Epicurean - but that is another story.

Edited by david63

9 hours ago, molecrochip said:

They only seat tables once so I’d book the time you can get then look to change time onboard.

Exactly what we did. We wanted to go on a Celebration night and latest available on line was 6.15. We booked that slot and spoke to the maitre’d once on board and changed it to 7.30. 

8 hours ago, TigerB said:

The tables in there seat a maximum of two or three; so, you will have to make two bookings, one for three people and the other for two people.

As david63 advises, go to the restaurant as soon as you board to make sure you are all sat together. It may be different on Arvia, but when we were on Britannia last September as a party of eight, we had two adjacent tables but they wouldn't push them together to make a table of eight. The reason cited was because it would be difficult for the waiters to serve us. Our tables were still close enough together to allow us to feel like one party.

I’m fairly sure I saw larger tables in Epicurean on Arvia. 

20 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Exactly what we did. We wanted to go on a Celebration night and latest available on line was 6.15. We booked that slot and spoke to the maitre’d once on board and changed it to 7.30. 

We have seen tables with early diners being re-set and used for later diners.

7 hours ago, sandancer said:

I’m fairly sure I saw larger tables in Epicurean on Arvia. 

I can't say I noticed; I wouldn't be surprised as it was a bigger restaurant. It was on Britannia when there were eight of us.

7 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Maximum table size is 6 I believe, but they can do 8+ with a fairly small gap.

That's what we had, more or less; two tables closer together than normal, but with a sufficient gap between them for the waiters to pass through.

Many thanks for your help and advice. Have taken Moleys suggestion and booked the 6.45 slot, and will attempt to change to a bit later once on board. If not possible, will have to be a bit careful with the afternoon scones and cream. Thanks again, Kitty

Just now, Kittyonions said:

Many thanks for your help and advice. Have taken Moleys suggestion and booked the 6.45 slot, and will attempt to change to a bit later once on board. If not possible, will have to be a bit careful with the afternoon scones and cream. Thanks again, Kitty

To be fair, 18:45 is probably a good slot, and you won't necessarily want to change it.

At that time you could be lucky enough to get a table near the window. Also, as the whole dining experience is quite leisurely, about two hours, you probably won't get your mains until about 19:45.