Nieuw Amsterdam - ideas for sail away meet up for our small group

Golfbag

We have a small group of 15 and I'm wondering where a great place on the ship might be to meet up for sail away north out of Vancouver?  I was thinking we'd have a mini golf tournament and then cocktails for sail away but there is no mini golf.

One year for a girls cruise I did a pub crawl with trivia questions at each pub - the winner got a crown and sash. Our first cruise with the kids was out of Tampa under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge - I had bubble bottles for each of the kids to blow as we were crossing under.

Just looking for something fun, unique for us to all connect once we're on board and before sail away.

Thanks in advance for any responses and extra kudos for thinking of something fun and creative 😎

Sail away out of Vancouver is very pretty.  Why not just meet at the Sea View Pool and have some fun getting acquainted and checking out the scenery.  

We’ve done that a few times and everyone had fun.  Sometimes simple works just fine 😉    Between checking in for muster, unpacking, etc people can be busy until sail away time.  Especially if your sail time is early.

• Like 3

I second what @kazu said!  You will want to be outside when sailing out, especially going under the Lion's Gate Bridge!  Besides drinks, there is usually some snacks passed around and music playing. Sail out last September on NA people were even line dancing out there.  It was fun!

I love the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Have a great cruise!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

LOVE line dancing - thanks for the heads up!  

I also read somewhere that the view from the Tamarind Bar is very nice - and most newly onboard guests haven't found it yet.  If the weather is iffy maybe we will start there.  But definitely plan to be outside for Lion's Gate Bridge - sounds awesome!

Thanks again!

6 hours ago, oakridger said:

Just to clarify, the line dancing at sail away looked like it was started by passengers and not organized by the ship.  I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like to me.

~Nancy

Nancy, when I was on the Oosterdam and Koningsdam a few months ago, the line dancing was started by the cruise director and staff.  

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Nancy, when I was on the Oosterdam and Koningsdam a few months ago, the line dancing was started b the cruise director and staff.  

Okay thanks for letting me know Kazu!!  

• Like 1