What do white medallions mean?

thermal

On 2/27/2024 at 6:57 AM, Pickels said:

When you receive your Medallion at home, how do you know it's working?

No different than getting it at the pier.

If it doesn't work properly would think you would go to guest relations and get it fixed.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:33 PM, nymshowdown said:

Sometimes it doesn't go as smooth as others are saying. We had to wait 90 minutes in the terminal in Whittier two years ago when our medallions wouldn't work at check-in. It happened to tons of people, we all had to wait for them to slowly make us cruise cards. Once boarded, we then had to go wait at passenger services to trade the cruise cards for medallions. Wasn't a great way to start the trip, but this is what happens with lots of "tech" things. Heck, I tried to go back to my cabin at 3am midway through my last cruise and found my medallion was dead. Thankfully they can make you a new one 24/7

Given this is 2 years ago I'm going to say most likely attributable to growing pains in much earlier days of implementing medallions.  Hopefully major faux-pas such as this are few & far between at this point.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:55 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

White is typically indicative of a group cruise.

Not this time as far as we're concerned.

On 3/2/2024 at 6:36 AM, gardengalaz said:

Our friends will be joining us for their first Princess Cruise next Friday on the Discovery.  Our medallions arrived and ours have a gray-ish background (we're Platinum) and theirs have a white background.  We assumed it was because they are first-time Princess sailors.

I think they have replaced blue medallions with white ones for first-timers now. I didn't seen any passengers with blue medallions on our Diamond cruise last November, only white plus gold, red, gray, and black. I think blue medallions are now reserved for crew members.

• Like 2