What do we actually have booked? ETA: I think I know now :)

pno4te

Let me say this is our 4th MSC cruise in Yacht Club and our TA is out of the country on her own (well-deserved) cruise...

We are booked in the Yacht Club on the Seashore out of Port Canaveral on November 20, 2023. When filling out the Special Needs form for my husband I noticed different wording on our reservation. It says we have an ESCAPE TO SEA CRUISE ONLY FARE. If we were in any other level of service I know that would mean we need to book our beverage and wi-fi packages separately. But, is it the same with a Yacht Club booking? Thanks for any light that can be shed!

ETA: If I look at the Member Benefits due to us it lists the Premium Extra Drink Package and the Premium Internet Package as well as access to the Thermal Spa.

Edited by pno4te

1 minute ago, pno4te said:

Let me say this is our 4th MSC cruise in Yacht Club and our TA is out of the country on her own (well-deserved) cruise...

We are booked in the Yacht Club on the Seashore out of Port Canaveral on November 20, 2023. When filling out the Special Needs form for my husband I noticed different wording on our reservation. It says we have an ESCAPE TO SEA CRUISE ONLY fare. If we were in any other level of service I know that would mean we need to book our beverage and wi-fi packages separately.

But, is it the same with a Yacht Club booking? Thanks for any light that can be shed!

No, the Yacht Club reservation includes the Deluxe drink package and Unlimited WiFi.

• Like 1

Since the Yacht Club automatically includes wi-fi and drinks, you don't need a promo that includes the same. If you were booking Fantastica (for ex.), you could choose between with the promo or without.

Take the "without" since you get the items, anyway. You're fine.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

• pno4te changed the title to What do we actually have booked? ETA: I think I know now :)

FYI-You should always book Escape to Sea when booking the Yacht Club because everything is included! Booking free wifi and beverage package fro YC is a waste of money because you already have it!! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mmbcater said:

FYI-You should always book Escape to Sea when booking the Yacht Club because everything is included! Booking free wifi and beverage package fro YC is a waste of money because you already have it!! 

Not necessarily true.  There are times when you can book with OBC for the same price as Escape to Sea or only a few dollars more.  For example, for $40 more in total fare you could get $100 or $200 in OBC for the yacht club sailing.  Other times due to pricing discrepancies, you can book for the exact same price as the Escape to Sea but get the OBC at the same price.  It pays to look and which promo you choose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

Not necessarily true.  There are times when you can book with OBC for the same price as Escape to Sea or only a few dollars more.  For example, for $40 more in total fare you could get $100 or $200 in OBC for the yacht club sailing.  Other times due to pricing discrepancies, you can book for the exact same price as the Escape to Sea but get the OBC at the same price.  It pays to look and which promo you choose.

Typically you are paying $200-300 more using a promo (I own a agency) and $200 OBC is not worth that to do that.........

3 hours ago, mmbcater said:

Typically you are paying $200-300 more using a promo (I own a agency) and $200 OBC is not worth that to do that.........

Ah, but NOT always with MSC.  Often it's $40 to get $200 🙂  MSC math is not terribly good.  As is their IT department

• Like 1