Seaside Specialty Dining

laudergayle

Has anyone purchased and experienced the 2 Specialty Dining package currently being offered on Seaside.

image.png.04057ac6dc55708869655f2265fca87c.png

Book now 2 deliciously different dining experiences: the Butcher's Cut Steakhouse & Sea Pavilion

The package includes two experiences:

• The Butcher's Cut Steakhouse celebrates America’s craft heritage combined with the skills of the master butcher.
  • The Sea Pavilion is your portal to a world of contemporary Asian culinary sensations.

i am curious about the Sea Pavillon choice…do you get to choose from sushi, pan-American or Teppanyaki?  Any menus for the dining experience?

I have asked this question a few times here and never received an answer. There is no restaurant called the sea pavilion. I assume from the title the second restaurant is one of the Asian places. This is why we didn't book, I don't want sushi. We sail this coming weekend.and decided wait until we are on ship and see what the cost is, and if we can just do butchers.

1 hour ago, bruce85 said:

I have asked this question a few times here and never received an answer. There is no restaurant called the sea pavilion. I assume from the title the second restaurant is one of the Asian places. This is why we didn't book, I don't want sushi. We sail this coming weekend.and decided wait until we are on ship and see what the cost is, and if we can just do butchers.

Yes I will be interested in what you find out.  Please report back when you can.  Thanks and happy cruising to you!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Calker said:

I called customer service and her response was “book it now, see what happens after you board”.  I told her several times we do not want sushi, would prefer teppanyaki

Lol.  At least we like sushi…maybe not enough to cover the cost!

So, we have been loyal NCL cruisers…I must say…as bad as NCL customer service and IT is…they have it in spades over MSC.  However, the overall cost and cruiser reviews have drawn us to MSC.  We’re Platinum on NCL and matched to Gold on MSC.  

We are doing a mini cruise on MSC to see if we like them enough to do an European cruise in 2024.

I'm onboard now. Tell me what you want to know. We ate butcher cut tonight and it was great. I elected to not do there duo package. We went al a carte since we didn't want any of the other restaurants.  The tomahawk ribeye for two was great. Aged ribeye and no brine. From what I can tell the packages have a different menu than al a carte. For instance, the tomahawk is not included. 

6 hours ago, Inflatable_Catfish said:

I'm onboard now. Tell me what you want to know. We ate butcher cut tonight and it was great. I elected to not do there duo package. We went al a carte since we didn't want any of the other restaurants.  The tomahawk ribeye for two was great. Aged ribeye and no brine. From what I can tell the packages have a different menu than al a carte. For instance, the tomahawk is not included. 

I think there's a decent amount of information available about Butcher's Cut but I can't find much info about Sea Pavilion. It seems specific ships have the restaurant. But even then, the offerings possibly differ depending on location? I saw photos of sushi on one ship but a hot pot set up on another.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Inflatable_Catfish said:

Seaside has 4 specialty restaurants.  

Hibachi, Asian fusion/sushi, Ocean Cay and butchers cut.

Attached are some menus I grabbed this morning. 

QR_TT_OCEAN-CAY_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1684846787.pdf 393.08 kB · 1 download QR_QQ_PAN-ASIAN_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1684846851.pdf 491.54 kB · 0 downloads

Oh wow…thank you. This helps.  Hope you’re enjoying your cruise😊

My assumption here is that this is an error in the package.  The Sea Pavilion is the name of Asian theme restaurant on MSC Splendida and Virtuoso, and possibly others.  Seaside has Asian Market Kitchen as its Asian specialty place (actually two places in one: Hibachi, and fusion place.  When we sailed Seaside when it first came to the US, the specialty dining experience in the Asian market was the ubiquitous Kaito Experience Menu.  Looks like that changed to the fusion experience.  Much nicer choices!

Edited by JAGR
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JAGR said:

My assumption here is that this is an error in the package.  The Sea Pavilion is the name of Asian theme restaurant on MSC Splendida and Virtuoso, and possibly others.  Seaside has Asian Market Kitchen as its Asian specialty place (actually two places in one: Hibachi, and fusion place.  When we sailed Seaside when it first came to the US, the specialty dining experience in the Asian market was the ubiquitous Kaito Experience Menu.

image.png.b7f2d036687241eb06792f77b9068397.png

Thank you for your pic.  I sure hope it’s the menu that @Inflatable_Catfishposted…as it looks much more like my taste, lol.

No. We are inYacht club and they had someone at a table to sell the packages. We  requested a window table for 2 and he said he would try but we needed an early reservation. I later went to our butler, Glen, and asked he said no problem for the later time we wanted. We arrived to dinner and sure enough our table by the window was waiting. I'll probably do a summary post cruise but so far this is the best experience on any ship.

• Thanks 1