To Mariner…or not.

Emdee

10 hours ago, Cenerus said:

Too bad it’s still happening.  When we were on the 12/2 cruise the engineer I talked to when our whole deck went non-flush was that the pipes are leaking air and the negative pressure keeps failing due to all the leaks that keep opening up in the pipes and gaskets on the valves. Even though it was annoying, we still enjoyed the cruise and the ship is beautiful inside.  We’ve booked the Grandeur for next year. We’ll stick with the three Explorer class ships for now.   

The Band-Aid the engineer put on our pipe seems to be holding. No problems since the fix.

Got confirmation that Mariner dry dock period starts on November 3, 2025.  We're on the last cruise before the dry dock (Haifa *hopefully* to Barcelona embarking October 22) and Regent just shortened the cruise by one day to start the dry dock.  We have several voyages on the Mariner pre-drydock...wish it was sooner, but we choose cruises only by itinerary.

14 hours ago, Vizsladog said:

Got confirmation that Mariner dry dock period starts on November 3, 2025.  We're on the last cruise before the dry dock (Haifa *hopefully* to Barcelona embarking October 22) and Regent just shortened the cruise by one day to start the dry dock.  We have several voyages on the Mariner pre-drydock...wish it was sooner, but we choose cruises only by itinerary.

We're on that last Mariner cruise too.  But we are starting in Barcelona, so we do 33 nights (hadn't heard of the loss of one day but figure we'll be ready to be done by then anyway)!!!  😱  

We are also choosing it for the itinerary, fully realizing that Israel and Egypt may never happen.  We were supposed to be on the Voyager cruise 2 months ago that lost Israel and Egypt to the Hamas attacks.  "Luckily" I woke up on our flight to Athens day with Covid!  Was able to claim full refund from our travel insurance so we booked in 2025 with hopes the area will be at some type of "peace."  

On 12/26/2023 at 5:16 PM, Vizsladog said:

I read that the dry dock in 2025 is only about 20 days long.  I hope Mariner is in dry dock longer than that.  I think it needs a pretty major refurb of the plumbing system as well as some work on the exterior.  I was told by the executive chef that all of the galleys are supposed to be gutted and redone to include a new layout.  I also talked to two designers on the cruise who said that the interior spaces were getting a major redo.  Lastly I was told that the remaining bathtubs are supposed to be replaced with showers.  That all sounds like more than 20 days of work unless they have a large army of workers ready to swarm the ship.

2 minutes ago, Cenerus said:

I read that the dry dock in 2025 is only about 20 days long.  I hope Mariner is in dry dock longer than that.  I think it needs a pretty major refurb of the plumbing system as well as some work on the exterior.  I was told by the executive chef that all of the galleys are supposed to be gutted and redone to include a new layout.  I also talked to two designers on the cruise who said that the interior spaces were getting a major redo.  Lastly I was told that the remaining bathtubs are supposed to be replaced with showers.  That all sounds like more than 20 days of work unless they have a large army of workers ready to swarm the ship.

They do. Plus 90% of the crew and they work 24 hours a day.