QM2 DVD/DVD Library?

DaisyUK

I was just looking at an old youtube video of our suite on QM2 and it showed DVD players in the cupboards below the TV. Does anyone know whether these DVD players are still in situ and, if so, whether there is a DVD library onboard? 

Thanks for the reply. I guess the youtube video was out of date. We had a very short QM2 break as a taster last year and I don't remember a DVD player either, although I wasn't really looking for one. It's no big deal, but would be useful in the event of one of us getting Covid perhaps! 

11 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

would be useful in the event of one of us getting Covid perhaps

We did a voyage in Jan/Feb and were concerned about staying entertained if we had to quarantine. I had 4 or 5 audio books, and probably 15-20 hours of video downloaded (Netflix, among others, lets you download files for later viewing). As it turns out, we did have to quarantine, and we were well prepared. I couldn't use the HDMI cable I'd brought along (I couldn't reach the HDMI port), but I was able to cast to the TV, fortunately

• Like 1

Thanks for that idea; I never think of pre downloading video but it's obviously a good idea to do so. I remember a recent Regent cruise, where we both got norovirus and it was really good to have their on demand TV to keep us from climbing the walls which is the reason for the question. 

• Like 1