How much?

ged1967

It looks like we’ve sailed our last cruise until the pricing comes down dramatically in price (if it ever does) 

I was looking at a 7 day Med cruise for August 2025 and the cheapest balcony cabin on The Epic for two was OVER £5,000 and that was cruise only!! 

We were in the Caribbean on The Dawn in February 2022 and with flights it was about £3,800. I thought that was expensive however we had FCCs from a cancelled 2020 covid cruise and with the extra on the certificate and the fact that we had paid the cancelled cruise in full we only had about £200 to pay. 

I’ve looked at other cruise lines including Tui and at first glance Tui appears cheaper until you add in the extras for picking your cabin, adding drinks package, picking seats on the plane Tui are just about the same. 

So it looks like it’ll be land based holidays for the time being. Which I find hugely disappointing as I love my cruise holidays. 

• Like 1

chances of prices on anything going down are pretty slim (if not all together non existent) 

that being said however, cabin costs are all subjective and in line with what you want and which cabins you wish to book

read many posts from chiefmate jrk, and you'll find he's happy as a clam being in an inside cabin. some people arent happy unless they're in a suite or haven and dont mind paying accordingly.

i'm currently looking at a 14 day cruise from reykjavik to southampton ,on the star. a forward facing balcony suite (with the attached perks) is currently $7600.  i find that for the amount of days on the cruise, and everything that's included, is not an unreasonable price. lesser cabins, club balcony and below are also priced cheaper. we're also currently booked on a back2back 10 days each 1st leg, venice to athens, 2nd leg, athens to tel aviv. this is a total of 20 days, and we have a club balcony suite. total for the entire voyage is slightly over $10,000. again, for the total days, and the ports, i think is cost is more than fair.

you're thinking about land based vacations from now on, but i have a sister that lives in orlando, and a week at disneyworld (with all the bells and whistles) can run well over a minimum of $7,000. try and get an inexpensive rate for maui.

while i never presume as to tell any one how to spend their money, if you take the time to do some research, are semi-flexible, i think  you can still find some decent (not cheap) but decent cruise fares.

i have posted before, that when it comes to booking vacations, i'm overly anal, but in the end, if you want a cruise i believe that ncl still gives you the best "bang for your buck" factoring in price and itinerary.

• Like 1

Don't book early, look at this year's prices for the real rates when they need to sell.

Just priced  up a trip 4 weeks away  from Iceland.

Inside cabin with free at sea £500pp for 10n.

Some of the Med prices are higher but reasonable

The Dawn and Star have good rates.

Marella is quite expensive these days.

Princess has 50% on their package for 2024 cruises.

• Like 1

The Epic isn’t doing 7 day cruises in Aigust 2025. They are 10 day cruises (price is showing as just under £5k for me for a balcony).

The Viva is doing 7 day cruises, balcony for £3,900 including free at sea, ocean view £3,200.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ged1967 said:

I was looking at a 7 day Med cruise for August 2025 and the cheapest balcony cabin on The Epic for two was OVER £5,000 and that was cruise only!! 

I'll concede it's a lot of money but it's also a 10 day cruise, not 7, for two people, and during peak season.  As previously suggested, an inside would be considerably less.  I'd personally want the balcony for that itinerary but it becomes a value/budget proposition. I was just looking at a similar itinerary for August 2023 and a balcony is about $1000 ($500*2) cheaper.  Admittedly, I'm seeing prices in $ and I realize the UK pricing includes things that US does not, but the general trend should hold.  Pricing tends to come down as we get closer to sail date if bookings don't go according to plan.  Since it's cancelable, you could lock in pricing now and rebook at a later date if pricing reduces.

The question I'd ask is whether you could you do 10 days in Rome or Athens (or whatever port most intrigues you,) adding in meals and alcohol, for that amount?  

• Like 1

When I asked the Cruise Next team on our last cruise to price the Bliss for one week out of LA over Christmas in the Haven the cost for two people was $27000 Canadian. Yikes!  I don’t want the Haven but it was the only room with two sleeping areas.

(No, I didn’t book it.)