Riding The Revenue Waves - A Hairy Experience

jetsfan58

For those of us that have been Carnival Cruising for many years, we have witnessed different streams of revenue evolve overtime. From new food venues to exciting outdoor family activities. I have also noticed that both women and men sometimes prefere varying hair styles while cruising. 

One of the most popular of all times is the famous "Hair Braiding" that happens during our Island stops. 

Why wait until you get to the next Island? Why would Carnival not employ "Hair Braiding" Professionals on-board? Would save passengers time, would bring in needed additional revenue sources and certainly allow for more Island family entertainment venues to be explored.     

Thoughts????? 

DW might consider it depending on the cost. I think it cost her $60 in Nassau. I don't think a "hair braiding professional" would be cost effective but if the hair stylist could also do it then it might work.

If you are paying $60 to get your hair braided by a local in Nassau, that means it would probably cost at least $150 on the ship. After all, I can pay $20 for a massage in port that Carnival charges about $100 for.  And getting it done on the island supports the local economy.  Sixty dollars is probably a lot of money for folks living on the island.

If you want to "save time",  I would suggest getting your hair braided before you start on your trip.  Most cities and larger towns have salons that braid hair.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

If you are paying $60 to get your hair braided by a local in Nassau, that means it would probably cost at least $150 on the ship. After all, I can pay $20 for a massage in port that Carnival charges about $100 for.  And getting it done on the island supports the local economy.  Sixty dollars is probably a lot of money for folks living on the island.

If you want to "save time",  I would suggest getting your hair braided before you start on your trip.  Most cities and larger towns have salons that braid hair.

No doubt, but there may be enough people who would pay it (just as there are enough for all of the other services offered). People do all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons after all.

On 5/29/2023 at 11:31 AM, jetsfan58 said:

Why wait until you get to the next Island? Why would Carnival not employ "Hair Braiding" Professionals on-board? Would save passengers time, would bring in needed additional revenue sources and certainly allow for more Island family entertainment venues to be explored.     

Thoughts????? 

Why do you think that the salon won't braid hair? I'm willing to bet that Carnival has a non-compete with the spa that they can't offer any services that are already offered.