APEX Feb 2024 sailing dinner reservation question.

FeelingCruisy

Hi all,

I am aware that the EDGE Class has 4 complimentary dining rooms for dinner and no main dining room.  We are 2 cabins (2 couples) and both assigned 6PM dining.  I assume that is the EARLY dining because that's what we asked our TA for.  I tried to see if we could select different restaurants for different nights and it seems that I can't proceed beyond ADD TO CART as that's been greyed out.  I also assume our dining is linked because when I tried  I tried 4 of the restaurants and they're all showing the same thing.  See photo attached.  Do we get assigned the dining room when we board?  Can we pick different restaurants for each night?

We also have another sailing in NOV this year on APEX as well, and we had no problem booking ANYTIME dining in all the restaurants. 

Snap1.jpg

On our recent cruise, we just showed up to the dining room of our choice.  No reservations needed. You could try different dining rooms.  When we arrived at 6:30 pm in Normandie, we were told to return in an hour as the restaurant was full.  (as was the cruise).  The next night, we arrived earlier.

8 hours ago, keesar said:

On our recent cruise, we just showed up to the dining room of our choice.  No reservations needed. You could try different dining rooms.  When we arrived at 6:30 pm in Normandie, we were told to return in an hour as the restaurant was full.  (as was the cruise).  The next night, we arrived earlier.

Are you on the fixed seating ? Did you try making reservations before the cruise?  Thanks

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

There is no fixed seating on the Edge-class ships. What you are seeing online doesn't reflect the ship experience. When you are ready to eat, head to a dining room.

That I know is not true because we got a 6pm fixed dining.

4 hours ago, FeelingCruisy said:

That I know is not true because we got a 6pm fixed dining.

Celebrity hasn’t bothered to change it online. When you get on board you’ll find out differently. 

14 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

It is true. Enjoy your cruise.

I second that.  We sailed on Apex in April with a "fixed" 6 pm dining.  What we did get was a card in our room telling us to go to a specific dining room the first night with a suggested time.  We went about 5:30 ish every night with no problem getting seated quickly.