Monarch boarding question....1 passport, 1 drivers license

We are in a JS on the Monarch which does get us pre-boarding, and I have done the on-line pre-board. But I have a passport and my mother has a driver's license and birth certificate? Do we have to use seperate lines to disembark? Any help would be appreciated, but as it's 30 days out we don't have time to get her a passport.

Thanks

You actually do have time to get one if she wants to. Just go to the local post office that does passports and pay an extra fee. That is what my mom did and she got hers in less than 2 weeks. They will guarantee 2 weeks or less if you expidite it. But the fee is like $100 or something like that.

If you use the same Customs form, you can both go in the Passport line. The first time we came into LA (from the Mexican Riv on the Vision), I had a Passport but DH didn't. We started out in different lines and the Port person instructed me to bring him up to the Passport line with me. However, Fitz is correct about the Rush Passport. I got mine within 2 weeks. It just costs more. Have fun! It's a nice ship!

As of the first of the year, EVEYRONE traveling abroad is supposed to have their own passport!!! Tighter security is probably the culprit for this change. I would try to get one if you possibly can. You might call RCCL directly to make SURE of what is needed just to make sure …

SLOduck

As of the first of the year, EVEYRONE traveling abroad is supposed to have their own passport!!! Tighter security is probably the culprit for this change. I would try to get one if you possibly can. You might call RCCL directly to make SURE of what is needed just to make sure …

SLOduck

The 1st of what year? The passport law was pushed to Jan 1, 2008. So it is not needed yet for cruises, Canada or Mexico. Unless you are cruising across the pond.

The 1st of what year? The passport law was pushed to Jan 1, 2008. So it is not needed yet for cruises, Canada or Mexico. Unless you are cruising across the pond.

You will need a passport to return or go to the States by air, cruise on Jan.1, 2007. For LAND crossings into Canada & Mexico a passport will be required by all Jan. 1 2008. The exception to the land crossings is the proposed "security cards" that Americans might be able to use. So far it seems Canadians and Mexicans still will require a passport for land crossings Jan 1, 2008. Should just about kill tourism and commerce in border towns.

When DH and I took our first cruise (RCL to Ensenada) a couple of years ago, I had a passport and he didn't. They let him go through the customs line with me, which got us out much more quickly. Our last cruise (Carnival to Catalina/Ensenada) didn't segregate the passports from the DL/birth certificate passengers. At any rate, I think she'll be okay, and will probably be able to go through the line with you. :)

I did use my address on the cruise docs for us both but her DL says another address. Guess we'll see when we get there. At the very least I can go through passport line, go get the car and come back to pick her up with luggage.

Thanks

Hi, I did the Monarch last week with my mother. She had birth certificate and I have a:cool: passport. We do not have the same residence but in line they put us together (she's also disabled) and put us through the birth certificate line. In fact, they were announcing that if one had a birth certificate and the other passport then you go in the birth certificate line. However, disembarking was a breeze and we quickly out of there (not always the case in San Pedro).

Robin

Archived