Joy Balcony Cabins?

uneamie

We want to book a balcony cabin but fail to figure out which cabins have the bed by the balcony..........which we DO NOT want. We will be 3 people in that cabin and I think it would be too confining near the balcony sliding doors with a bed there. That said, many do not have the bed there but I can't figure that out when trying to pick a cabin. So frustrating And if you call....the TA's and NCL do not seem to know either. 

The vast majority of "sleeps 3" standard balcony staterooms on Joy have the bed near the closet. There are some that have the bed near the balcony so it isn't 100% like the "sleeps 4" (bed near balcony) staterooms are. 

If you find a "sleeps 3" that is between a pair of "sleeps 4", it is most likely bed near the closet.

Do you have any specific staterooms to choose from?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The vast majority of "sleeps 3" standard balcony staterooms on Joy have the bed near the closet. There are some that have the bed near the balcony so it isn't 100% like the "sleeps 4" (bed near balcony) staterooms are. 

If you find a "sleeps 3" that is between a pair of "sleeps 4", it is most likely bed near the closet.

Do you have any specific staterooms to choose from?

Yes I have "14832" on hold for a few days. It's a Family Club Balcony that I may change to just a regular balcony. It's gonna be 3 adults but I discovered the Club Balcony isn't any bigger than a regular balcony. Just a bigger bathroom which I don't really need. Wish there was a way to find out for sure. I guess I could call my TA again, A different person may answer the phone. And I will try NCL's customer service again. Thanks Two Wheels

The Club Balcony on Joy we were in had the bed by the closets. It was a very tight fit getting at the closets. Definitely not our preference, but there were only two of us. If you've got three using the closet, good luck.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

The Club Balcony on Joy we were in had the bed by the closets. It was a very tight fit getting at the closets. Definitely not our preference, but there were only two of us. If you've got three using the closet, good luck.

Yeah that's a good point. Hmm! Thanks

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Joy 14832 - Bed near balcony.

Thanks for this ....I actually think I will like this better due to how close the beds are to the closet. Now I know exactly what our cabin is like. Nothing like "seeing is believing". LOL 

9 hours ago, uneamie said:

I actually think I will like this better due to how close the beds are to the closet

We had the bed by the closet a couple of times and found it cramped...especially getting ready to go out...not much room after coming out of the bathroom. We now search for rooms we know have the bed by the balcony...there is a great 'deck plan website' where people post pictures of the rooms so you are easily able to find the layout of the room.

57 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

We had the bed by the closet a couple of times and found it cramped...especially getting ready to go out...not much room after coming out of the bathroom. We now search for rooms we know have the bed by the balcony...there is a great 'deck plan website' where people post pictures of the rooms so you are easily able to find the layout of the room.

Thank you.....I think I found that site. Since we changed our minds about the bed location due to what you just said and others have said, we found one that had a video of the room which helps confirm the bed location. I appreciate all the help I got here for this. Thanks again. 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 10:45 AM, uneamie said:

Thank you.....I think I found that site. Since we changed our minds about the bed location due to what you just said and others have said, we found one that had a video of the room which helps confirm the bed location. I appreciate all the help I got here for this. Thanks again. 

We booked a "Penthouse suite BA" instead...much bigger, but now I find out it does not have the amenties I thought it had. They took them away. ugh

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 10:46 AM, uneamie said:

We booked a "Penthouse suite BA" instead...much bigger, but now I find out it does not have the amenities I thought it had. They took them away. ugh

Your post is confusing, since a Penthouse Suite would actually start with an "S."

A "BA" is only a balcony room with amenities of other balcony rooms (aside from any status).

6 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Your post is confusing, since a Penthouse Suite would actually start with an "S."

A "BA" is only a balcony room with amenities of other balcony rooms (aside from any status).

Opp!....I originally booked  Balcony BA and got them both confused when I wrote it. We now have a Penthouse suite.  I can't edit it now. Thanks for pointing that out. 

• Like 1