Bringing alcohol onboard for European cruise?

pvpollock

I have seen some mentions that others have been allowed to board with liquor on European cruises.  We are going on the Pride out of Dover on July 9th for a 12 night Baltic cruise.  I've used RumRunner flasks successfully in the past on many Caribbean cruises and was considering it for this trip but what is the rule?  Does it matter during Embarking from Dover versus bringing it on board during a port stop?  I'd like to pick up something from Duty Free flying to England or from one of the ports.  I drink bourbon neat and have maybe 2-3 per day so drink packages never make sense but saving on bar tabs is vital with so many excursion stops.  Thank you for any insight!

The ticket contract is the same as a US cruise, it's just that they don't enforce it over there so you probably could get by with bringing on a bottle of liquor straight up.

There are several live threads going on right now check them out.  Some of the ports have a shop after security where you can purchase liquor and walk on the ship with it.  I even think one of the threads the OP brought on a 6 pack of beer.