Koningsdam Verandah Spa Cabin

40 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Has anyone stayed in a verandah spa cabin?  What extras, if any, do you get?

When I last checked, you got a couple bottles of Vitamin Water, and the USE of a yoga mat (that someone else had used before) and use of a white-noise maker or maybe it was a iPod dock. Also there may be a little water-feature thingee in your cabin. 

Choose by location and possibly the furniture arrangement, which you can verify on the HalFacts website. 

For me, the spa staterooms are useful only because of their proximity to the Crows Nest and the Retreat; those cabanas behind the Crows Nest. Naturally, the Retreat is only useful on warm weather itineraries. 

On the negative side, I would avoid the spa staterooms where there are heavy seas. More rock and roll at the top of the ship.

Edited by HappyInVan

We were in Spa Oceanview and Spa Inside (2 cabins) Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 2023, so just couple months ago.

Of all the things listed as "extra amenities" for those cabins, all we got were the yoga mats, wooden bath mat (ouch), Aha water and different colored bedding. The inside cabin had the Bose dock, but the Oceanview did not.

We enjoyed being close to the spa (made good use of the thermal pass) and Explorations Cafe (great coffee and drinks).

We got a really good deal on both of them and thought we would try them since we'd never been in an inside or oceanview. The Oceanview was really large and we liked the forward view. The Inside had a window - we liked having natural light.

I wouldn't pay "real" money for either, but would book them again if I got another good deal.

Halfacts has a few pictures - they were useful in helping me make a decision. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935

I just got off NS and all I got was yoga mat and teak shower mat. (Which I liked). I was close to spa which I liked as I had a pass.  The balcony is very shallow and I had to sit sideways at an angle to use the foot rest. I would book again due to convenient location to spa, deck 10 seating and easy walk to lido etc.