Embarkation via Zodiac

laserboi

Believe in the multitude of emails for the past week or so all carryons will go with you on your Zociac while the hold luggage will be transported separately and meet you in your suite.  My carryons will include a small rollaboard a personal item and my medical device and I have documentation from Seabourn that that is permitted., 

12 minutes ago, bspill said:

What port will you be embarking via zodiac?

I can’t pronounce or spell the port. It is in NE Greenland a village of 500 people with a world war 2 runway. We transfer via plane from Reykjavik in 6/18 to this village without a docking area. Sure you can find this port it is in the 6/18 presidents cruise. 

people will disembark via zodiacs snd return to Reykjavik as well. This occurs several times this summer. 

On 6/7/2023 at 5:10 PM, laserboi said:

We will be embarking Venture via Zodiac. Does anyone know if we are permitted to bring a wheeled carryon on the zodiac? Or just a hand bag/pack?

I guess my question is why you'd want to deal with a wheeled carry-on bag on a zodiac? This isn't like an airline flight from a large airport, where you need to keep some important items with you lest it not make it onto your flight. 

14 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

I guess my question is why you'd want to deal with a wheeled carry-on bag on a zodiac? This isn't like an airline flight from a large airport, where you need to keep some important items with you lest it not make it onto your flight. 

Couple of reasons for me.  Don't forget we need to get to Reykjavik on commercial flights so the roller carryon serves the flights those flights and must haves.  Second is that we are limited to 50 lbs total for checking up to 2 suitcases on the charter so this adds to the amount we can get to the ship.  Some of us are on board for 29 days.

Since they have stated that our cheeked bags will go from the shore separately likely on zodiacs as well if a problem they can put the carry on with the checked bags as no plae other than the ship for these to go.  Glad you asked as now I will put a Seabourn tag on my carry on so it can be delivered to my suite.

@rallydave I wasn't suggesting that you don't have a roller carryon bag; I have one on every trip! 😀 I was only questioning whether you need to keep it with you between the charter flight and boarding the ship.

We did a Greenland cruise a few years ago (on Silversea) and disembarked in Kangerlussuaq. We had a bus tour to the foot of a glacier and a lunch before the airport for the charter flight. I don't think I kept our roll-on with me during the transfer. Hopefully Seabourn will let you take the roll-on on the charter flight and then take it from you to transfer to the ship.