Classical Music

ToBe

I have not been following this site since we returned from our Groundhog Day cruise on the Rotterdam March 29-May 6. The ports were wonderful; the cruise was crowded and boring. The entertainment kept repeating and repeating on the 3 five day and 1 seven day legs. We received 5 sets of tiles and 5 chances to see The Origin Store which we had already seen in December. The Origin Story certainly did not replace Lincoln Center. Nothing did. 

I want to know if anyone has had a choice of hearing classical music on board any cruise lately? We have two cruises booked for next year  which will not have  repetition and want to know if HAL has found a new way to have live classical music. 

If you search "classical" in the HAL forum you will see a lot of discussion. There is a trio that plays various genres of music in Ocean Bar(?) and Lincoln Center performances will become a "stage show" like other visiting acts on the World Stage. Also supposedly Step One has new routines. We are all waiting for revision to the entertainment programs. And a Dutch Cafe in the old Explorer's Lounge (on smaller ships) would work for me. 😉 But the Music Walk bands will probably still be limited to the list of 50-100 songs to learn and choose to repeat the same 20 each night.