Turo experience

mousefan73

Hello!

So I went ahead and booked Turo for our stops at Nawiliwili and Hilo. I am just frustrated on how car rentals don't seem to cater to cruise pax ( getting them from port to rental place) I had heard that shuttles are coming back at Lihue but nobody answers to confirm. So I went and booked Turo as many owners will be within walking distance of port. 

I booked only cars with owners with good ratings and also many rentals... There really isnt anything else to do right? 

Any tips or things I need to know?

Booked Turo once in Honoulu about 8 years ago.  Went fine.   You may wisht to take pictures of the exterior and interior of car in a well lit location before driving off so you can prove any dents and scratches that are on the car were already there.

• Like 1

We used Turo in Lahaina and Kona, no issues. In both cases, we picked up within walking distance of the tender dock - we had the same issue with rental cars being far from the ship.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Booked through Turo for the first time last week on Maui.  It was great no issues at all.  We kept the car overnight and parked at the Maui Seaside Hotel for $26.  The owner did ask us not to park at the mall across the street because they had had a car stolen from there.  The hotel had security and we did not need to reserve ahead of time.  Just showed up and went in the office and paid.  

• Like 1