Noise from Terrace Cafe on Oceania Vista

DrBruce

Will be in 11073 next February.  Does anyone know if overhead noise from the Terrace Cafe is an issue?  My TA and a Oceania concierge says no.  But I'd appreciate info from someone who's actually been on the ship.  Thanks and much appreciated.

2 hours ago, DrBruce said:

Will be in 11073 next February.  Does anyone know if overhead noise from the Terrace Cafe is an issue?  My TA and a Oceania concierge says no.  But I'd appreciate info from someone who's actually been on the ship.  Thanks and much appreciated.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You have posted on the wrong board. this is the board for those asking technical questions about the boards but no doubt the mods will move it to the Oceania board. 

Vista is a new ship in a new class of ships for Oceania and has only been in service a couple of weeks so I don't think you can get a quality answer to your question. Not from your TA or the concierge or anyone else.  If you book a brand new ship there are going to be unknowns. 

Edited by Charles4515

@DrBruce

We were on the Founder’s Cruise in an PH but farther forward and heard no complaints from guests about TC noise. Going One step farther, we are in 11073 October 16 so I will post a comment only if there are issues, otherwise No News is Good News.  I did a lot of looking/checking before I selected 11073 with its extended Veranda and we expect none 🙏🙏👍

Enjoy your cruise.

Mauibabes

On the Riviera a lady in the cross stitch group said she heard the terrace cafe above her cabin. Chairs scraping and crew noises however she did not hear this at night when the cafe was closed. Sleep not affected.  This was not my personal experience and I do not know if the new ship will be different.  The larger veranda is a tradeoff?  Mauibabes will have first hand knowledge so her experience in October will be best to go by.

I will go a step farther.  We were on Riviera in 11065 and it was AWFUL due to its location under the pathway from the TC galley and entry to the Waves galley due to the carts moving at night. Also automatic doors opening and closing a lot. The area in the TC that is above 11073 should be only tables on carpet so we will keep on 🙏🙏🙏 all is quiet. 
just enjoy your cruises,

Mauibabes

15 hours ago, mauibabes said:

I will go a step farther.  We were on Riviera in 11065 and it was AWFUL due to its location under the pathway from the TC galley and entry to the Waves galley due to the carts moving at night. Also automatic doors opening and closing a lot. The area in the TC that is above 11073 should be only tables on carpet so we will keep on 🙏🙏🙏 all is quiet. 
just enjoy your cruises,

Mauibabes

Gerry—Are you still on the Riviera cruise this November/December?  I saw that you are sailing on the Vista in October/November so just wondering.  

Billie

On 6/10/2023 at 5:28 AM, DrBruce said:

We have just been on Vista 11061 for 29 days.  There was definitely noise from above in the early hours after midnight.  Some nights not a problem, other nights enough to wake me up as a medium light sleeper.

• Thanks 3

On 6/11/2023 at 10:23 PM, mauibabes said:

We had to opt out.  Nautica in May 2024 from Capetown to Paris. 
Looking forward to seeing you again so stay in touch Billie. 
Ciao,

Mauibabes

:((.   Hopefully our paths will cross at one time or another.  Enjoy your upcoming cruises and (if it applies) Happy Fathers Day.  

Billie