Civitavecchia shuttle express

jmdlv1

Has anyone heard or dealt with this company?

Have been trying to find a company for transport to Rome and some touring with an afternoon return to Port.

Would love yo hear some feedback before booking or other ideas

• 2 weeks later...

We used their shared shuttle in 2017, and it couldn’t have been better! They were waiting for us upon disembarking, it was just us and a family, we were all going to the same place, the van was comfy, we didn’t have to pay until we arrived at our destination, and they accepted cc’s. 

On 6/13/2023 at 10:09 PM, jsn55 said:

I'm looking for the same info for an October Rome visit.  My cruiseline wants $140 to dump us in Rome and bring us back to the ship 8 hours later.  

Well, considering that even a shared shuttle ride one-way is about 80-90 euros per couple, that's 160-180 euros roundtrip (about $175 to $200 dollars). The ship is a bit of a mark-up, but I've seen a lot worse.

On the other hand, if you're a solo traveler like me, the ship's transport would be a better deal, as they private agencies charge the same price for a single passenger as for two -- so 175 minimum for the roundtrip vs 140 from your ship.

And on the third hand ( 🤣 ) if I were just going into Rome for the day, I'd take the train -- you can get an all-day BIRG pass that includes use of the subway and buses in Rome for 12 euros (plus 6 euros pp for the shuttle direct to train station).

22 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Well, considering that even a shared shuttle ride one-way is about 80-90 euros per couple, that's 160-180 euros roundtrip (about $175 to $200 dollars). The ship is a bit of a mark-up, but I've seen a lot worse.

On the other hand, if you're a solo traveler like me, the ship's transport would be a better deal, as they private agencies charge the same price for a single passenger as for two -- so 175 minimum for the roundtrip vs 140 from your ship.

And on the third hand ( 🤣 ) if I were just going into Rome for the day, I'd take the train -- you can get an all-day BIRG pass that includes use of the subway and buses in Rome for 12 euros (plus 6 euros pp for the shuttle direct to train station).

Thanks for the great tip for the train - I'll check it out.  More thanks for the math of R/T shuttle.   There's also the time factor ... I want Mike to see as much of Roma as possible.  

• 10 months later...
Posted (edited)

I used SharedShuttle.it for Rome Hotel to Citavecchia.  I’m on a MSC cruise with pickup tomorrow to air pry.

Edited by ebonybee