Miscellaneous documents from June 2023 Regatta cruise

AMHuntFerry

I took some photos of documents on our recent cruise (Regatta June 2023) that I have either not seen in recent posts or that are hard to find with a search (or that were just so exciting I had to post again = I forgot they were posted recently 😉 ).

The first is the laundry, ironing/pressing, and dry cleaning prices that are attached to a laundry bag in the closet:

20230611_153808.thumb.jpg.27e6ab556469ac3c6febad65ac24a345.jpg

These aren't documents but some of the miscellaneous items that are in drawers.

I tried to get the labels on the hair dryer for people who want to know wattage, etc.

The higher level rooms have nicer shoe horns.

The other items are a sewing kit and shoe polish cloth.

Supply chain issues continue (or they are finishing up the stock)...our slippers had no branding, but I saw a boy with the branded version.

20230615_103344_HDR.jpg

20230615_103447_HDR.jpg

20230615_103501_HDR.jpg

20230615_103921_HDR.jpg

8 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I believe the concierge veranda on Riviera had metal shoe horns but I don't have a photo.

Pre covid  in A cabins  they looked the same as you posted

16 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The higher level rooms have nicer shoe horns.

Thanks for your post and photos.  Last O cruise, Insignia 2019, (reg. cabin) I really liked the long wooden shoe horn.  Went to desk to purchase it.  Rep looked all around for a price, but found none.  So could not buy it.  When I got home, I bought one from Amazon, was about US $12.  Really nice. 

Appreciate any other observations, photos, comments, dining reviews, service, etc. re: Regatta.  Will be on later this year.  Thanks

Edited by FetaCheese
addl info

3 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks for your post and photos.  Last O cruise, Insignia 2019, (reg. cabin) I really liked the long wooden shoe horn.  Went to desk to purchase it.  Rep looked all around for a price, but found none.  So could not buy it. 

They used to have a price list in the books in the cabin desk

for hairdryers/shoe horns etc.. maybe they  no  longer do that

But then there  was a post recently that said the shoehorns were free for the taking🤔

9 hours ago, ORV said:

This is good information for those preparing to go. Got pictures of the vanity kit and shampoos?

Thanks ORV...No on the shampoo photos, etc. I've seen photos in videos (and even on the O site!) so didn't take any, so here's what I recall. At the very least, each room has shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bar/body solid soap, and glycerine/face/hand soap. I don't think the glycerine soap is Bulgari but I forgot to check on this trip. We have also had shower gel (body wash) in the past but it wasn't there this time (D-cabin). "White" scent seems to be the default for lower cabins (although I've asked for blue lotion and received it). "Blue" was provided in A cabins. I think suites choose blue or green, but I'm pretty sure if you asked for white you'd get it. Still aiming to sniff the elusive red 😉 (going to a retail store would spoil the hunt).

For those who want to know, the vanity kit has a small nail file, 3 small cotton balls, and 3 swabs. There is also a shower cap. Everything I'm listing is available in the lowest category, so suites may have additional items.

I have some more documents post, but I'm still unpacking and doing laundry. I'll post them after I find them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks for your post and photos.  Last O cruise, Insignia 2019, (reg. cabin) I really liked the long wooden shoe horn.  Went to desk to purchase it.  Rep looked all around for a price, but found none.  So could not buy it.  When I got home, I bought one from Amazon, was about US $12.  Really nice. 

Appreciate any other observations, photos, comments, dining reviews, service, etc. re: Regatta.  Will be on later this year.  Thanks

I thought I remembered seeing long shoe horns in a video, but can't remember which ship or cabin category. Maybe someone who has been in a suite will comment on what version can be found there. I inherited a nice brass shoe horn...weird heirloom but so handy!

54 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

But then there  was a post recently that said the shoehorns were free for the taking🤔

I doubt anyone would care about the plastic ones going astray (my guess is they are a 25 cent item), but the nicer ones should likely stay in the room if they can't be purchased.

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I did look at the in-cabin price list, and wooden shoe horn was not listed.  Yes, I do have a couple blue plastic freebies!

27 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

I did look at the in-cabin price list, and wooden shoe horn was not listed.  Yes, I do have a couple blue plastic freebies!

So they do still have a price list for some things then

I have not seen the wooden ones for years    (never really looked for them )

DH said he remembers them from long ago  so maybe they found a stash someplace  when doing the refurb 😉

One more observation (still have docs to post): This was our first time using wifi calling onboard. Usually we throw the phones in the safe and forget about them (relying on email or ship's phone for emergencies), but my husband wanted to be available via his phone for a special situation at his volunteer "job". The wifi calling/texting worked great, although there are ports where it may not work (according to Currents). However, if you have time changes, our phones only changed when we were in a port with non-wifi coverage. When the time changed at sea (i.e., wifi only), our phones did not change; we were not the only ones as a lot of people were one-hour off that day (some didn't realize until after lunch time).

3 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

However, if you have time changes, our phones only changed when we were in a port with non-wifi coverage. When the time changed at sea (i.e., wifi only), our phones did not change; we were not the only ones as a lot of people were one-hour off that day (some didn't realize until after lunch time).

Do people not wear watches  anymore  or it that not  high tech enough for some??

And another observation: If you and/or a spouse is angsty about missing a sporting event, you can see the guide for the sports channel Sport24 (https://sport24live.com/schedule/sea). Note that, like all satellite TV, weather and other (port) interference may occur which either creates a slide show or a black screen. If you've ever had satellite TV where it snows or where you get heavy thunderstorms, you know what I mean.