Baggage issue

We are flying out of edinburgh, Scotland next sunday (2nd july) to barcelona to meet Symphony. 

we have booked through a travel agent in the uk. we are charted through royal on a british airways flight. 

i have my baggage allowance for the flight from british airways web site but i want to know if i can pay to add an extra bag on the plane. BA website has a price to do this but because it is a charter i dont know if baggage is strict. 

my TA is usless royal says to contact my TA, BA says they cant help without a refrence number which i do not have. 

as it stands i am going to take an extra case to the airport and hope for the best.

Any Thaughts or am i overthinking this?

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Have Royal not given you a PNR (six character booking reference) for the BA flights? That would allow you to access Manage My Booking on the BA app or website and add extra bags, choose seats etc.

no. we have the online documents printed out, one of which is air arrangments with the line "For your convenience, electronic tickets have been arranged with your airline. This itinerary and a valid passport must be presented to the airline representative when checking in for your flight."

Are you positive it's a charter and not just a group reservation on a scheduled flight?  

What's the flight number? If it's 4547 at 0625 or 8061 at 1500, those are regularly scheduled flights, and you should have no problem checking an extra bag for a fee. 

However... if those are operated with regional jets, there may be a limit as to how many extra bags you can check.