Chat feature in app to communicate with my teen

What is everyone’s experience?  I want to be able to communicate with my son. I realize that the notifications probably won’t work but I thought I saw that you have to be 16 to be in the app.  Is this true?  If so, how would I be able to chat with him if he’s only 15?   The internet package is way too much money.  Thanks. 

On 6/24/2023 at 7:08 AM, poocher said:

Ran very smoothly on Harmony in May.  As I have posted before, we had reservations for each night and were just waved in to our table.  Last night we waited about 10 minutes.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The age limit is 13. 

Thank you. So he just downloads his own app with his own username and same reservation ID and will be able to chat with me?  

These are my notes taken from here on using the app messaging.  By unpredictable, they meant notifications of messages.  

MESSAGING: The Royal app chat feature has been unpredictable for many.  Sometimes you will get notifications right away and other times you will not get anything until you check manually.  One theory is that a device operating system, ios or android for example, doesn't recognize that Royal is a chat app like the well known chat apps so when the app has been idled it's put to sleep to save battery.  The Royal app doesn't know it's been put to sleep by the os.  So, make the Royal App excluded from battery saver.  Another issue could manifest in the way that devices are constantly checking to see if they have an active connection to a cloud service.  Apple devices check to see if they can reach iCloud for example, android tries to reach google, etc.  If they can't reach their cloud they determine there is no internet so they disable some communication to save battery, only allowing communication to try every so often.  Message app shows who is online.  I messaged an online party and they got msg and we conversed.  Red bubbles will indicate a msg has been received, no IOS notification.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

These are my notes taken from here on using the app messaging.  By unpredictable, they meant notifications of messages.  

MESSAGING: The Royal app chat feature has been unpredictable for many.  Sometimes you will get notifications right away and other times you will not get anything until you check manually.  One theory is that a device operating system, ios or android for example, doesn't recognize that Royal is a chat app like the well known chat apps so when the app has been idled it's put to sleep to save battery.  The Royal app doesn't know it's been put to sleep by the os.  So, make the Royal App excluded from battery saver.  Another issue could manifest in the way that devices are constantly checking to see if they have an active connection to a cloud service.  Apple devices check to see if they can reach iCloud for example, android tries to reach google, etc.  If they can't reach their cloud they determine there is no internet so they disable some communication to save battery, only allowing communication to try every so often.  Message app shows who is online.  I messaged an online party and they got msg and we conversed.  Red bubbles will indicate a msg has been received, no IOS notification.  

I assume it's nothing more than the notification process not working right due to some network issue. That's why they come through sometimes, but not others.

• Like 1