Taco bar on the Nieuw Statendam?

eurodolphin

Hi everyone, we will be sailing on the NS in July and are wondering if there is a taco bar?

I don't see it mentioned on the deckplans but searching these boards I found some "hints" of a taco bar on some ships.

The last time we cruised (RCL's Symphony of the seas) my husband just loved the taco bar as a go to place so hoping there is one on the NS as well.

TIA.

On 6/26/2023 at 7:08 AM, cruising sister said:

There is a taco station in the Lido where you can build a taco. Hope that helps. 

Not as good as the Taco Bar on Carnival, but it is there. The meat is spicy!!

• Like 2

I spend far too much time looking at food videos taken on Holland ships.  If you are interested in more than tacos, you just search for food videos with a ship's name. Details of all the offerings on board.😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like others said, there is a taco station for lunch in the lido buffet, but I don't think it is available for dinner or breakfast.  And the server just makes what you ask for, there isn't a place for you to add your own toppings, like there is on Carnival.

When I was on the Rotterdam in February there was a fix your own taco bar immediately outside the Dive In next to the Lido pool.   I don’t like “self serve” buffets but we did eat from it once when we came back starving from an excursion and the Lido was closed.  

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

Like others said, there is a taco station for lunch in the lido buffet, but I don't think it is available for dinner or breakfast.  And the server just makes what you ask for, there isn't a place for you to add your own toppings, like there is on Carnival.

That’s either changed recently, or it varies from ship to ship. I got tacos at the Lido on the Koningsdam last month, and while the server did put together the shell and meat that I requested, I added all my own toppings at the self-serve window at the side of that station.

I will say I had a difficult time finding salsa in the Lido. I can’t remember if they had it there at the taco bar, though my memory tells me all I found was pico. That was fine for me for tacos, but I missed being able to put salsa on my omelettes the few times I got one in the Lido for breakfast. I probably could have asked, but it’s such a fast-paced, noisy environment, I didn’t want to hold up lines or pull a server away from their task. 

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

When I was on the Rotterdam in February there was a fix your own taco bar immediately outside the Dive In next to the Lido pool.   I don’t like “self serve” buffets but we did eat from it once when we came back starving from an excursion and the Lido was closed.  

Same on the Noordam in March of this year. They were very tasty 😋 

Edited by JohnCoffield
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

That"s what I was hoping for! Fingers crossed it will be there on the Nieuw Statendam in 2 weeks.