Double Points for Single Traveler?

ARandomTraveler

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the Celebrity boards (I've been sailing Royal Caribbean for the last 19 years and it's the only cruiseline I've sailed). 

I was looking into a European sailing on an RC ship for next summer and someone on the RC boards suggested I look into the Celebrity options, which have better itineraries. 

I'm looking at doing a B2B on the Equinox, leaving Barcelona next July. I've always sailed with my daughter, but she's in college and she's currently locked into an internship that will keep her from being able to travel with me for the long trip I plan to take (18 days cruising with an extra week doing Barcelona and Italy on either end of the cruise). 

The price for 2 people is only $2,000 more than the price for sailing alone, so I'm not sure if it's worth booking as a single. If for some reason my daughter's plans change and she can sail with me, I don't want to be stuck not being able to add a second person a year from now due to life boat capacity or because of price increases. 

Even though $2,000 is a significant amount of money, it's likely a smaller price to pay for the option to add a second person at the last minute vs what I'd be charged to do it a year from now. However, it would also be nice to get the double points for sailing by myself (36) if that's a thing on Celebrity like it is on Royal Caribbean. 

So my question is, do single travelers get double points if their room is booked as a solo? And if I book for 2 people right now, do they re-price the cruise if I remove the second traveler and change to a solo before final payment in the same way that they would re-price if I added a person? 

1 minute ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the Celebrity boards (I've been sailing Royal Caribbean for the last 19 years and it's the only cruiseline I've sailed). 

I was looking into a European sailing on an RC ship for next summer and someone on the RC boards suggested I look into the Celebrity options, which have better itineraries. 

I'm looking at doing a B2B on the Equinox, leaving Barcelona next July. I've always sailed with my daughter, but she's in college and she's currently locked into an internship that will keep her from being able to travel with me for the long trip I plan to take (18 days cruising with an extra week doing Barcelona and Italy on either end of the cruise). 

The price for 2 people is only $2,000 more than the price for sailing alone, so I'm not sure if it's worth booking as a single. If for some reason my daughter's plans change and she can sail with me, I don't want to be stuck not being able to add a second person a year from now due to life boat capacity or because of price increases. 

Even though $2,000 is a significant amount of money, it's likely a smaller price to pay for the option to add a second person at the last minute vs what I'd be charged to do it a year from now. However, it would also be nice to get the double points for sailing by myself (36) if that's a thing on Celebrity like it is on Royal Caribbean. 

So my question is, do single travelers get double points if their room is booked as a solo? And if I book for 2 people right now, do they re-price the cruise if I remove the second traveler and change to a solo before final payment in the same way that they would re-price if I added a person? 

Yes, solo is double points except in the few E-class single cabins. Again, yes, that is how it would be repriced.

• Thanks 1