Solstice class, mainly Eclipe - How to tell is bed is by balcony or by bed for Veranda/Balcony cabins?

PaperSniper4

Title says it all. We're looking at V2 veranda cabins on decks 7 and 8 on the Eclipse. I see from videos that some of those cabins have the bed by the head ( aka "bathroom") while others have the bed placed next to the balcony/veranda. I figure there is probably some clue on the deck diagrams, but I cannot figure it out yet. Im my experience with other lines, bed placement usually has to do with whether or not the cabin has a connecting door with the next door cabin. Anyone know for sure on the Eclipse?

Can anyone tell me if the Eclipse was revolutionized? Last I heard "somewhere" she was to have been in late 2021? I thought that would be featured prominently at celebrity.com, but it's not, so I'm assuming she has not gotten the treatment yet.

Doug

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Title says it all. We're looking at V2 veranda cabins on decks 7 and 8 on the Eclipse. I see from videos that some of those cabins have the bed by the head ( aka "bathroom") while others have the bed placed next to the balcony/veranda. I figure there is probably some clue on the deck diagrams, but I cannot figure it out yet. Im my experience with other lines, bed placement usually has to do with whether or not the cabin has a connecting door with the next door cabin. Anyone know for sure on the Eclipse?

Can anyone tell me if the Eclipse was revolutionized? Last I heard "somewhere" she was to have been in late 2021? I thought that would be featured prominently at celebrity.com, but it's not, so I'm assuming she has not gotten the treatment yet.

Doug

The short answer is that cabins that show a sofabed or upper berth all have the bed by bath. The black square or triangle on the deck plan is your indicator.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kirsten T said:

The thread on S-class cabins has a lot of good info - including where the bed is located for specific cabins. I usually check that thread when I'm picking a cabin.

Thank you. I tried that spreadsheet, and for some reason I only saw one V2 cabin. There are many entries for As, Cs and RS, but I only could find only 1 V category. Maybe the V2 category is a re-named other category? I tried to find that info also in vain.....but looking at the cabin numbers in the spreadsheet, many of the 1A, 2A, 1C etc categories appear that is the case.

Doug

6 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

The short answer is that cabins that show a sofabed or upper berth all have the bed by bath. The black square or triangle on the deck plan is your indicator.

Ah, I never thought about that. It looked like all the V2 cabins had a sofabed, but I'll check out the icon for the upper berth. Thanks!

41 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Ah, I never thought about that. It looked like all the V2 cabins had a sofabed, but I'll check out the icon for the upper berth. Thanks!

No, all V2 cabins alternate bed by bath (sofa bed/upper berth) or bed by balcony.  If you look at the deck plans and see a stateroom with a black square and/or triangle, it has bed by the bath.  The staterooms on either side of it has bed by the  balcony.  If you find a section with no squares/triangles, find one, then count from there, balcony/bath/balcony/bath, etc.  Easy Peasy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks very much, I will check that out. I don't know why I even care, as I've had both locations for the bed and both are fine. But I am just curious by nature I suppose.😎

Personal preference of course, but we greatly prefer to have the bed by the bathroom as it seems to make the space next to the balcony feel larger and easier to use.

The trade-off is that the sofa-beds are never as comfortable as a couch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Personal preference of course, but we greatly prefer to have the bed by the bathroom as it seems to make the space next to the balcony feel larger and easier to use.

The trade-off is that the sofa-beds are never as comfortable as a couch.

Opposite for us. Bed by the balcony gives us much more space as we enter and this is the area we use most often. Our folding rollator fits neatly between the end of the couch and the wardrobe. We create even more space by moving the oval table to fit half under the dressing table with the long edge running along the wall. The chair still fits under the dressing table with ample space to sit and we can still use half the table. 

19 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Opposite for us. Bed by the balcony gives us much more space as we enter and this is the area we use most often. Our folding rollator fits neatly between the end of the couch and the wardrobe.

Exactly, everyone has there own reasons to prefer one over the other, which is great, as otherwise we'd all be fighting over the same cabins 🙂