Live from the NCL Spirit B2B July 5-19, 2023 (more sarcasm and grumpiness!)

YVRteacher

Yvonne, I absolutely adore your blogs. Your adventures with your dad (and without) are so entertaining. 

As an Alaskan, I do need to correct one fact, though. We do not receive free medical or free dental for living in Alaska or for being born in Alaska. Only indigenous Alaskans aka Native Alaskans receive free medical care. 

Your peach and blueberries story made me want ice cream with fresh fruit!  Our produce can be pretty sad unless it’s locally grown in the summer months, so one of the things we look forward to the most on cruises is all of the awesome fresh fruit! 

• Like 2

That’s interesting because several tour guides in different ports have told us there was free medical and dental care. I wonder why they said that?

Where in Alaska do you live?

I still need to finish this review.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

That’s interesting because several tour guides in different ports have told us there was free medical and dental care. I wonder why they said that?

Where in Alaska do you live?

I still need to finish this review.

I live in Anchorage, the largest city in Alaska. We are unfortunately actually known to have outrageously expensive medical costs. 

My guess is that either those tour guides are all Alaska Native, so they’re used to receiving free healthcare, or they’re from out of state and don’t understand that Alaska Natives get free healthcare but not any other residents.