Regal Princess - Guaranteed Cabins Only?

So_Tweetie

Found this on the Majestic trying to book a coastal for Sept. '24.  I ended up booking an Emerald BW midship rather than the DW.  

My TA was able to get me a DW on the Regal for the Grand Adventure April '24.  It was booked as 2 separate cruises though.

I'm fussy about wanting midship, and like those "obstructed" views on Emerald.  Sailing single, pricing gets to be an issue so those are a good option.  Having a great TA is a must for me.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:22 PM, So_Tweetie said:

We just booked a cruise on the Regal Princess in a mini-suite, and were only given the option of a guaranteed cabin. After confirmation, I decided to run through mock bookings to gauge availability, but from mini suites to penthouse suites I was only offered guarantees. Is this normal for the Regal, something new Princess is trying or, maybe the website is going through an update...? The cruise is over 120 days away so I would be surprised if it's close to sold out. 

I put a hold on an inside cabin Regal Princess for 2/25/24  on 6/29/23. Could only get a guarantee cabin. CVP called me on 6/30/23. For $15 more pp, she booked a specific cabin for me. Maybe that is how it works now,