Specific question about children and status

I know the basics about children having their parents’ status, but keeping their actual points. My question is in regard to when the status is officially obtained. Let’s say my husband and and I make Diamond Plus on our next cruise. My 17yo will also then get that status. But, does he have to cruise with us again, after we make Diamond Plus (because that status is not recognized until the next sailing), in order to keep Diamond Plus when he turns 18? In other words, let’s say he turns 18 right after the sailing in which we get Diamond Plus. Will he remain Diamond?

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

He should get it but if not automatic, I'd call right after points post. Takes about a week for points to post. I assume his birthday is more than a week later?

Yes. We’re just trying to figure out if we’ll have to book another sailing before he turns 18. After the one in which we gain D+ status. Since he won’t actually have the points, I’m wondering if he has to physically sail as a D+ before he gets it permanently. 

1 minute ago, DrDani226 said:

Yes. We’re just trying to figure out if we’ll have to book another sailing before he turns 18. After the one in which we gain D+ status. Since he won’t actually have the points, I’m wondering if he has to physically sail as a D+ before he gets it permanently. 

No once he matches your D+ status he keeps it .. they dont denote you. I was saying just make sure his says it before he turns 18. Dont ask later.