NCLShuttle From EWR To Manhattan

Tutone56

My daughter is flying into Newark, arriving at 10am for our cruise out of Manhattan on the Escape in September.  She will be using NCL for shuttle transportation to the cruise terminal.  Does anyone know approximately when she can expect the shuttle to leave EWR?  I’m sure there are many variables but just looking for a ballpark time, thanks.

No way to really pin that down. Depends on how many are using the shuttle from other destinations. Takes about an hour by bus from airport to terminal, depending on traffic. Did you price getting a cab or Uber to terminal? Also there are busses that go to the port authority bus terminal from the airport. Then quick cab ride to terminal. 

I recently (May) took the shuttle.  There are employees with signs for the shuttle in the terminal.  Once they have a group of people they guide you to the location where you line up for the shuttle.  We were there early and it was a continious operation with about 60 people per bus.  Make sure to have your tags on the luggage before getting on the bus or you will be slowed down once you reach the terminal.

21 hours ago, Tutone56 said:

My daughter is flying into Newark, arriving at 10am for our cruise out of Manhattan on the Escape in September.  She will be using NCL for shuttle transportation to the cruise terminal.  Does anyone know approximately when she can expect the shuttle to leave EWR?  I’m sure there are many variables but just looking for a ballpark time, thanks.

Upon retrieving her luggage at baggage claim (if necessary) she will see/find/meet the NCL agents there.   They will mark her as arrived.

Since it will be 10AM, the shuttles will have been going between the airport and pier already, bringing disembarking passengers back to EWR.

She will be led to the shuttle bus area and put on the next bus scheduled to go.  They don't wait too long at that point, since the bus needs to get back to the pier for another return trip.

The drive from EWR to the pier on a Sunday (typical departure day) will be 30-40min (depending upon traffic)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Upon retrieving her luggage at baggage claim (if necessary) she will see/find/meet the NCL agents there.   They will mark her as arrived.

Since it will be 10AM, the shuttles will have been going between the airport and pier already, bringing disembarking passengers back to EWR.

She will be led to the shuttle bus area and put on the next bus scheduled to go.  They don't wait too long at that point, since the bus needs to get back to the pier for another return trip.

The drive from EWR to the pier on a Sunday (typical departure day) will be 30-40min (depending upon traffic)

That sounds good, thanks for the information!